New site for gathering and voting on Podcast questions!

Keep up with the latest Bscotchappenings!
HEYO!

A few of our lovely moderators noticed that the existing system for collecting questions for and discussing Bscotch Podcasts was confusing and will only get worse over time. So I slapped together something new.

Everything is now consolidated onto a single dynamic webpage. To be able to interact with the page (submit and vote on questions) you'll need to be logged into the forums in the same browser, be connected over HTTPS (if you end up at http:// just stick an 's' there and you'll be good to go), and have cookies and javascript enabled.

https://forums.bscotch.net/podcast/

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? No more bouncing around between a bunch of question pages, not knowing what questions have been asked, and having no influence over which questions get answered. Better for you, better for us, EVERYONE WINS.

Also, moderators can delete answers (DBaJ rules apply!) or set them to answered.

Discussions are now moved into their own dedicated forum here.

If you have questions or feedback, leave it here. Note that I built this over the past day as a way to experiment for a similar project, and so it will likely be a little buggy and does not have any advanced functionality. AND. I probably won't put much more time into adding features ;). I'VE GOT GAMES TO MAKE!
Last edited by bscotchAdam on 08 May 2015 14:45, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Finally got the URL right... the final '/' is required to prevent HTTPS->HTTP

I realized today that we didn't yet have any BscotchID Perks external to our games, and figured the podcast was the PERFECT place to start.

So, you'll now unlock the "Coffee with Bscotch" Avatar if WE ANSWER one of your questions on the podcast. That only works for questions that are posted onto our fancy upvoting-question page (described in the topic post) and if you are ButteredUp in at least one game (otherwise we don't store Perk data for you).

We're doing this to encourage people to check out our podcast and get involved in the forums, but this MAY result in some garbage. So we (and, if they're willing, the mods) will more aggressively clear redundant or low-voted questions starting with the next podcast. And if it gets abused to heavily we'll just turn it off or find another way to restrict it.

Note: Unless you clear your game data it will take up to 3 days after your last in-game activity before your game auto-downloads the new perk.

Great idea!

Awesome idea! .... So this doesn't retroactively apply to previously asked questions?

*googles list of the most ridiculous interview questions ever asked before*

@Mea, you were faster than me! :(

However, having the date of the question could be nice to delete the old, non-upvoted questions (to go with the "more agressively deleting questions").

Or automating it since it's your thing Adam, like the question stays 1 month and every upvote (apart from the guy who wrote the question) let it stay longer. Yet, I do like the human part of the thing.

@Meakitty It DOES retroactively apply. Once you see the Perk in-game you should also have it. But you can only get it once :).

@Ulnarevern Don't worry about the old, non-upvoted questions. I will indeed start an automated purger once the list gets long enough for that to make sense. We just need humans to get rid of redundant (already answered or already in the list of unanswered) or problematic questions. May not even be an issue, we'll see what happens.

Is there a perk for having your game review read in the first and only BScotch video? Http://m.imgur.com/Fi5TuRl/

8-)

BAHAHA! That's hilarious.

The answer is NOPE, since it would be way too hard to have one-off Perks.

OR WOULD IT?

An interesting idea would be to have some sort of discretionary perk that any of the devs could give for awesome things our fans do. We'll consider that!

By the way, I was wondering:
WHEN CAN WE CONSIDER THE QUESTION ANSWERED?
Only when it is answered in the podcasts or even if it has "only" been answered on the forums? (so maybe add something to point to the subject or do it by hand by PM)

HMMMMMMMM. Even if we've answered something on the forums or blog it may be worthing talking about on the podcast. So I'd say don't worry about it and just mark as answered if it was answered there. Questions that were answered in OLD podcasts can be deleted (with a PM if you want) since those imply that the asker hasn't actually listened to the podcast.

Next

Return to Butterscotch News