[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Butterscotch Shenanigans Forums • View topic - Forums OVERHAULED

Forums OVERHAULED

Keep up with the latest Bscotchappenings!
It was long overdue. Sam is still making a handful of tweaks, but things are basically as they are going to be for the foreseeable future. Take a bit to get used to it, then if you have additional suggestions you can drop them in here.

Mentions/shoutouts. If you prefix another user's name with an @ symbol, it'll be marked up in your post and that user will be alerted on their front page. If you follow the link to the shoutout on your frontpage, it will be "read" and will not show up anymore. Now it'll be way easier to get someone's attention. Note that shoutouts only work for NEW POSTS, and if you edit a post they'll disappear (at some point I'll try to fix that...).

Avatars. Now the avatars that you unlock and select in-game will show up here! They have a lag time of up to 30 minutes when you switch, and for now you can only switch while in game.

Spoiler tag. Stop ruining the surprise by using the trusty spoiler tag (now in the editor). Spoilers appear as white text on a white background, and hovering your mouse over them will change the text to black. Clicking will turn the spoiler into normal text. Spoiler alert:

Appearance. Sam overhauled the look of the thing, particularly the color schema. We're feeling pretty good about it, and remember that when it comes to appearance NO ONE AGREES ON ANYTHING. So if the appearance causes a funcional issue for you, let us know (wait a few days since some things may yet change), otherwise let yourself get used to the new look before opining ;)
Last edited by bscotchAdam on 24 Jun 2015 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added note that shoutouts get stripped from EDITED posts.

What happened to those circles next to topics/subforums that changed color when there's an unread post? Now if I want to see where unread things are, I have to look at timestamps, or mouse over the name (or where the circles used to be).

The title is ORANGE for unread stuff!

Huh. Weirdly, all topics look the same to me, whether they've been read or not. Do you have to be following a thread to get the color to change?

Edit: opened the forums in a private window, everything looks different. I guess my browser is trying to use the old design for some reason; let me see if I can figure out what's going on.

Edit 2: I cleared my browser's cache and that fixed things. Everything looks like it's supposed to (I think).

Only "Issue" I can see is that when someone gives a topic an icon, the first letter of the thread title overlaps that because of the css I'm assuming. Something wasn't taken into account?

Edit: ALSO the "save draft" button is now orange while the Preview + Submit buttons are grey... this has already caused me to try and click it to post more than once. :/ Think that needs to be changed if possible too. AND FOR THE SAKE OF MY OCD CHANGE THE "TEXT SIZE DROP DOWN" FROM GREY TO ORANGE TOO. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

Return to Butterscotch News