Butterscotch Careers

Keep up with the latest Bscotchappenings!
OOPS, I used the in-progress link instead of the final one. Fixed for future emails. Just delete that "index2.html" part of the URL and you'll be good to go. Thanks for the catch!

You're totally right about the lack of 404 sass. I'll come up with something...

Howdy,
I've been really interested to join your team and I've been scouring over most of your ridiculously awesome content full of wonderful creatures and by that I do not mean bugs and registered for the post.

After reading your job culture document I wonder if it will be a waste of time to apply, since I live in South Africa and we have a 7+hour timezone difference, unless it is cool if I work 7 hours in the future?

I've been using GM from 8.1 days, and made and published a few games across PC / Android / HTML5 ... and I'm looking to be involved with a team whom can help me find the soul of games, like you've clearly done well so far. I've run my own studio for 2 years, but it didn't work out as planned. Now I'm looking for an inspiring team to call family and practice my passion full time. I've done enough chemical engineering for one life, ha ha.

Ooh a super plus for working in South Africa is that my currency is about 15 times weaker than the dollar!

So if working in the future in SA is appealing to you, will you then want me to relocate after the 3 month trial period? Then you must ask the beautiful boss - my wife! Sounds like the adventure we need!

Sorry, but that timezone difference would definitely be a deal breaker. Working remotely is already stupidly complicated -- I can't even imagine putting a 7hr delay on it!

Keep at it! We've only been able to make actual income for the last few months, in all the years before that we were flailing around learning how to do better. It takes time.

Well, I did it. Now the agonizing wait for the next round.

I just hope I wasn't too much sweet sassy and just enough molassy to catch someone's eye.

Good luck to everyone

Awesome job @qajtoast ! Good luck out there :)

Just finished applying. Havent worked in US before tho. Am looking into the visa details now and jumping into gamemaker tutorials :geek:

AWESOME @brokentango ! If you are still looking to hone your craft, try these tutorials from HeartBeast on Youtube. They are some of the best I have found: https://youtu.be/WB2alpO62GM?list=PL9Fz ... s3qYlBNyTd

Heartbeast and Shaun Spalding are the best. Spalding now works for yoyo. He writes the posts on the main page when you open game maker.

Question related to the recent deadline:

Is it possible to know the different phases? Coming up I will only have one, maybe two weekends to work on the application, and am wondering if it will be possible for me to finish before the deadline!

That's a fair request! I'll update the first post in this thread with that info.

PreviousNext

Return to Butterscotch News