SEMI-IMPORTANT UNOFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Just some talk about general Butterscotchy stuff here.
If you have the app amino, I made a community in the app dedicated to butterscotch shenanigans :D . And if you don't know what amino is, it's a app which is essentially Tumblr meets reddit. Here are some screnshots of the community
http://imgur.com/sX8KiEd
http://imgur.com/PRCu8ce
If you're gonna join, SEE YOU THERE
and if you don't have amino, PLZ GET IT ≧◡≦ :D

@crashy142 I don't know what that is, but NICE.

Unfortunately, I need to rain on your parade a bit: since that's an unofficial group would you kindly append "(unofficial)" to its name? Otherwise in combo with the logo it will confuse people into thinking it's something made by the company.

Update/Edit
We also have to reserve use of our logo for official purposes. Both the company name and logo are trademarked so that other people can't pretend that the stuff that they made is stuff that we made, which protects us and our players from nefarious charlatans.

These rules are so that there is never any confusion when people see our company name or logo about whether the company is actually behind that product/community/thing. It absolutely doesn't mean that we think you're doing something that is bad even in the slightest. We definitely want people to be able to make groups like this, so HERE'S WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO:

@bscotchSam will put together some new logos specifically for unofficial use. That way you can still have a nice-looking icon to use and other Bscotch players will know what it means when they see it. We'll also come up with naming suggestions so that you'll have some some officially-sanctioned options.

Sorry to throw so much cold water on the party -- please know that we are pumped you decided to make this group!

Thanks adam I have put the word unofficial in it, and also I didn't know your name and logo was tradamarked either, sorry. :gasp: But I'm excited for this logo for unofficial purposes :D

Thanks, and no need to apologize! Trademarks aren't a thing most people have to ever think about. Turns out once you start making games for a living you suddenly DO have to think about it. Too much.

I love that you are making official unofficial banners.

That shows you respect efforts by others to promote and congeal your success. That is what is called working smart.

Return to Butterscotch General Chat