WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE? (Introductions)

Just some talk about general Butterscotchy stuff here.
Well I know it's not a topic to talk about here but I didn't know where else to talk about it. So it's just the about the question if there's a butterscotch forums App under development. Sorry that I talk here about it. :s

Tell us about yourself. What's your story?
36 acres of grass is where we rented a tiny trailer for a good chunk of my youth in a small town outside of Springfield, Missouri. My teenage years were spent in the same town, in a more suburban house, only the population had grown nearly tenfold. After that, I had a quick brush with a local tech college but wasn't much fond of it. I always found it easier to do my own research and the internet was becoming rather robust, which was by and far cheaper than textbooks.

I've always been a dabbler, and luckily, so has my father. We got our first computer, a tandy...something or other, instead of a nintendo master system one year in the early nineties. So, instead of mario and duck hunt I had mavis beacon and earthseige, space quest, the island of Dr. Brain, and The Incredible Machine. I valued legos above all toys but valued my imagination most.

Let's see, so after dropping out of college, I set off on my own with the help of a few friends, became a chef, then a network engineer, and a business analyst, and now I do a whole hodge-podge of activities on a "strike team" with a decent IT firm in town.

My hobby is collecting hobbies. I've fiddled about in metalworking, woodworking, clay, pottery, painting, sketching, story writing, poetry, songwriting, music production, DJing, podcasting, fiberglass, soapmaking, candlemaking, the list goes on and on. I've coded in a few languages, from Qbasic, to ZZT, actionscript and java, a bit of C, but never enough of any of them to be useful. Now I'm taking a stab at GML, we'll see if it lasts.

What are some of your favorite things?
My musical tastes reach far and wide. I love Tchaikovsky and Enya, The Police and the MIghty MIghty Bosstones, Huey Lewis and The News, and I have a deep and fine taste for (many) manners of electronic music. I'm quick to talk the difference between techno and drum 'n bass, jungle and melodic, progressive and epic. I'm not too fond of dubstep, but I was around when that was the name given to slow, experimental reggae and not the result of a bass drum and an alarm clock in a blender, but I digress. I'm also rather fond of musical scores of video games and movies. If you're in to musicals, steampunk, and macabre, check out Paul Shapera's "The Dolls of New Albion". It's quite a treat. https://mochalab.bandcamp.com/album/the-dolls-of-new-albion-a-steampunk-opera

As for the rest, I'm only picky in music and food. Everything else I am easily content with. I like to hike, play sandbox games, and cook good food for friends. I love to give gifts, and any time I can craft something heartfelt I do so enjoy giving it to others. I feel kindness is often in too short of supply for something so easily given.

What's the one thing in the universe that you just can't stand?
Lies. I'm fine if you want to spin a bit of yarn or want to make a tale a bit taller than it may have been in person, but anything more than that makes me want to rain fire down from the heavens upon those who choose to be utterly dishonest. This leaves me not one for political or religious discussion, but I am always up for philosophical discussion that may or may not delve into such territories.

What are you working on these days to make yourself a more amazing person?
I've been keen on mindfulness, and been doing a bit of work there. I'm trying to be more focused on completing projects instead of dabbling, and trying to force a vegetable or two down my gullet every now and then in a difficult attempt at changing my tastes to something a bit more healthy.

Heya. I've been lurking around here and long enough that I should probably participate in this really cool community.
I currently live in Scotland, and that makes it sound like I move around a lot, but I don't. I've been here 12 years. I first learned of BScotch when I saw Crashlands in the Play Store and straight away knew it was different than most games with that company splash screen.

Lasagne. Whisky. Celtic Knots. Opeth (their new stuff too). Parks and Recreation. Foals (the band and the animal I guess). Dead lifting. Nostalgia. Twisted Metal 2: World Tour. Learning the difference between American and British spelling/pronunciation of things (when someone say "niche" on the podcast it makes me happy). Being happy.

Self-defeatism. Why do people bash themselves? You can do the thing!

I'm working through a udemy.com course on Unity and C# and I've been going to the gym as of 3 months ago. Being more social too.

Hello guys! My name is Arnold. I'm from Philippines. Mid 20's, youngest son of a local scientist. Played bscotch games since 2014, but had to stop around 2015 because my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer. Unfortunately she passed away after a few months. Been mourning since then.

Local fave bands are Franco,Eheads,PnE
Love FoB, P!atD, RHCP
Anime/manga of Onepiece, berserk, etc.

Also girls generation!

One thing?pft
Probably internet rants that doesn't make any sense. Don't ask.

Training with King Kai. Seriously.

Well I was born in Santa Fe New Mexico and I was a only child until I was 12 (which I still am) my btother Eduardo was born.Im happy about that but yeah is pretty much all my life.
Crashlands of course and blue and dragons and wolfs.
JERKS
Being more mature but still myself.

My real name is Stephen and I'm from the Philippines. I'm a web project manager by profession, happily married and blessed with 2 wonderful kids.

The entire Metal Gear game series, Crashlands of course, books by Anne Rice and Dan Brown, all sorts of coffee and my trusty iPhone.

Those know it all fan boys.

I use my spare time educating myself through free online courses about entrepreneurship, marketing and business management.

I'm from the Netherlands, a tiny country in Europe. I'm married and father of three kids, who happen to be the most amazing kids in the world. So I consider myself a lucky man!

Bscotsch games ofcourse :D
Listening to music (all kinds)
Playing piano or guitar, or slapping some notes into my phone (in a mobile music creation tool).
Daipers (my house would be a real shitty place without them :))

Xenophobia.

Learning programming skills and planning on getting my feet wet in the world of GameMaker, so I can start making my first game. :D

Hello and welcome around! I hope you enjoy your stay, and your life, and everything ^^

On a sidenote, I think I forgot to greet a few people so hello people I didn't welcome earlier

Woohoo! Welcome to all the new peoples. Great to see this thread getting longer and longer. So many awesome peoples!

I'm a fairly young American wrapping up his final year in high school and planning on going to college to get a degree in either a medical field or engineering...with liberal arts as a backup (Something about writing). Born in good ole Virginia, I finally found my calling as a writer/comic artist when I was in middle school, although being a doctor would probably be better for my future (so I don't have to deal about financial problems...hopefully) :)
I found out about Butterscotch Shenanigans while finding an article on TouchArcade about the making of Crashlands, and bought that dern thing on the first week. I loved it to bits, but only after almost 2 years do I finally make a Bscotch account.

Some of my favorite things are writing, playing games (FPS, simulation, MOBA's), playing piano, and bringing a smile to friends and family herp derp. :geek:

Melted Ice Cream Cake...seriously, not a good idea :(

Going to work my butt off in college and hopefully get into a profession that can help people, but for now, making stories for my friends to make them laugh and cry tears of joy

Previous

Return to Butterscotch General Chat