Treatment updates

Just some talk about general Butterscotchy stuff here.
Sam is redefining the definition of badass everyday!
Adam and Seth I count on you - and everyone around - to give him a freakin' huge hug with a lot of positive vibes from me! Or anything, as long as there are positive vibes, like a lot of them!
And Sam, hang on!

UPDATE:

I just built a WALL O' VIBES. Go send Sam a nice message!

http://id.bscotch.net/vibes-for-sam/

Another quick update. We're still waiting for Sam to make blood, and so he is still quite immunocompromised. He got a fever yesterday that quickly turned into a combination of low blood pressure, extra nausea, headaches, and so on, and so they pumped him full of super powerful antibiotics to try to kill off anything that's growing out of control. While disconcerting, nearly everyone who gets a stem cell transplant goes through this at some point. Sam is completely exhausted and feels about as horrible as a person can without being actively tortured (though, in a lot of ways, he IS being actively tortured by chemo) so he's been mostly trying to sleep through it.

Which is all to say, it would be great if the next time he has recovered enough to open his browser there is another fat stack of VIBES waiting for him. If you've already posted something, you can always post again!

http://id.bscotch.net/vibes-for-sam/

Is he in one of those fantastic tent-fortresses? Give him coloring books and crayons. If anyone deserves a coloring fort it's Sam. <3

They also better be supplying him with Jello and Ice Cream. A hospital stay is not completely without ice cream and jello.

Also I posted twice, but I might post something else for him. :3

Post as much as you want! He's been sleeping for the better part of the last two days while they try to manage his fever, so I don't think he's looked at the Wall for a while. There are already a bunch of new posts for when he manages to, but the more the merrier!

And Sam is OUT! It was a rough few weeks, but he is making blood and enjoying fresh air. He might throw an actual update on here, but I wanted to make sure you all knew that he got through the process in one piece.

It was like years! But finally! Welcome home, Sam!

Woo! Way to kick ass! Try and stay healthy this time. Now get back to work! :lol:

AND HERE WE GO AGAIN.

Sam is now undergoing a 3-? week stay in the hospital for his second and final bone marrow transplant. This one shouldn't be as god-awful as the last, but it still blows. We'll give brief updates now and then, but this would be a great time to start leaving positivity on the Vibe Wall. Remember, you can leave as many comments as you like (there are weeks across which you can spread them).

https://id.bscotch.net/vibes-for-sam/

Turned out to be 4 weeks, but Sam got out a few hours ago! He's got a new immune system and will be on immuno-suppressents for the next FORESEEABLE FUTURE. But he's doing great.

PreviousNext

Return to Butterscotch General Chat