Dev Piper group?

Just some talk about general Butterscotchy stuff here.
I'm just curious as to what the dev Piper group is on the forums. I saw it on my profile control panel.

We run a free game dev mentorship program in St Louis called the 8-Bit Dev Pipe. For those in the program, we have a special section of the forums so they can talk shop while they go through the pipe!

Ooh that sounds fun. Thanks!

We are definitely looking to expand it to a "global" program once we really get things figured out on the local scale. So if you've got some interest in learning HOW TO DEV, keep an eye out for that over the next year or so!

For the past two years, Sam and Seth have run something called the "Dev Pipe", where they have local up-and-comers apply for an 8-week game-making mentor-mentee relationship. Only a few groups are chosen, and some of the rest are also given access to the Dev Pipe subforms that are private. It's a place where they can happily screw up without the entire world being able to see it :).

I would love to, I just googled it. If only I lived in Saint Lewis

If we stick to the old format, you don't necessarily have to be in StL to participate. You won't be in the mentor group, but you could still apply to get into the forums and get feedback there. We may skip this year, and if we do it the format may be different, so just keep an eye out.

I most certainly will. I fooled around with a game created years ago and made a clone of pong and a game were you have to click rapidly moving fruit, but not the moving bombs

Return to Butterscotch General Chat