Final Push and absenteeism

Just some talk about general Butterscotchy stuff here.
We're powering through Crashlands as fast as we can so that we can, with any luck, hit our beta target. I'll be putting all of my conscious effort into this final push, and so will be much less active on the Forums (and Twitter) than usual. Sam and Seth will probably also be fairly absent.

Rest assured, we still love you. We just want to get this game out for you to play ;).

So hold down the fort and please keep chatting with each other. It's been a pleasure to watch everyone hang out in the new new chatlog (thanks for that cool tech, @NicoMay!). For those who haven't seen it, once you're logged in it appears at the bottom of every forums page.

Mods and @NicoMay, unless things are REALLY broken or you run into some situation that must be resolved quickly and can only be resolved by one of us, please just take note of any issues for later resolution.

Yessir!

Woohoo beta testing! Hopefully I'm one of the lucky ones who gets to beta test! I'm looking forward to playing the full game, regardless.

Hopefully we all are!

Everyone's a beta tester! That's how this works, right?

Also, chat issues should be reported to NicoMay anyways I believe. It's ll in the chat disclaimer. And us Mods will quite happily break... I mean, take "care" of your forums while you're gone. Adam's pretty much sorted it all out, so we shouldn't have any emergencies. Honestly the members are a great bunch and don't have many spam parties around here... we'll change that, don't you worry.

Meanwhile, you guys just do what you do, it'll be done when it's ready. Not any sooner. You're doing a fantastic job and while we're all excited for beta, and ultimately full release date, we're willing to wait. Would rather it done properly when it's done, then rushing and both stressing yourselves and creating an inferior game. Totally worth it.

Go for it gaiz! In Chinese I would say 加油! Just a bit more!

WHEWWWWW. Update: we just got back from a weekend of reunions and traveling, and we're right back to the grind. Things will probably still be pretty quiet around here for a while, and we'll still pop by with rarity, but know that we're making tons of progress and are feeling good about the insane timeline we've set for ourselves.

Here's where we are:

Sam will have the entire story drafted and in the game by the middle of this week, and will then do a run-through to figure out what remaining story-specific assets are needed. Then he'll go finish making the bosses.

Seth was excited to find that his to-do list is actually shrinking for the first time in a LONG time. Everything in the Creator is now importable in the game, though he still has a few more things to fully implement. After that he'll be adding the final game assets, rigging up the remaining bossfights, and integrating BscotchID into the game.

I'm still playing support on the Creator, fixing bugs and improving function so that Sam can continue using it effectively. Otherwise I'm working on the Creations Browser, which is the website that you'll use to find things that other players have made in the Creator. Once that's drafted I'll put up a video showing how it'll work. Then I'll be helping Seth get BscotchID integrated into the game and do all the backend work to get save syncing functional, and will begin planning the beta test.

Good to hear from you! We're still here, ready and waiting :)

Woohoo! PROGRESS :D

Woohoo! BOSSFIGHTS :D

Next

Return to Butterscotch General Chat