WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE? (Introductions)

Just some talk about general Butterscotchy stuff here.
Welcome around dude!

Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Hey @Aonbyte I welcomed you in another thread, but officially: Sup? Also New Jersey you say? Welcome to the club. There are now enough members to start the Bscotch fan club Nj Chapter. Granted it would just be you and I, but I propose we take turns leading the meetings! This could work..

Tell us about yourself. What's your story?

I grew up.. I GROW up, because i'm 15 years old, in Łódź, Poland, it's a city (722 022 people in 2012), in the center of Poland (so far from both sea and mountains, great!). Im an antisocial guy (to the point its anxiety), basically, regular no-life. Im pretty depressed, partly because of what i went through and my situation as it is right now and partly because im just a negative type of person, i rather self-depress than self-motivate myself. And my interests are pretty narrow, because i lack bone marrow! Yeah, im into puns too, but its hard for me to come up with them because English is not my native language. And yeah, i guess that's all, im still just a kid so there is not much to my story, im still writing it. Oh, and i almost forgot, my name is Adam.

What are some of your favorite things?

In general? Space (im huge space fanboy), games (Favorites? Rimworld, Undertale, Crashlands, of course, Don't Starve, Project Zomboid, but i mostly play everything here and there) and of course sweet, sweet boo.... ks, you perve! Mostly Terry Pratchett only, but lately i've read Martian, 'Death Troopers' (about zombies in Star Wars universe, it was fun, different for sure).

And music? Im not really into genres and so on, i like what i like, so its hard to say, and it would take me too long to give examples. In general, i listen to everything as long its nice.

Also, my favorite character is Sans from Underale, its a punny skeleton, bag of lazy bones, probably the reason he is lazy is because he knows everything what he is doing is pointless (Undertale plot). And he is a badass, but not because he is that powerful but because he is cheatsy son of a bitch :D

What's the one thing in the universe that you just can't stand?

Ehm.... Easily Butthurt People? And i guess humanity in general, we're like the only specie capable of doing such harm to ourselves and all other species. To everyone, mostly, as long there is something shiny on the end. But war, war never changes. Just Fallout reference, dont mind me!

What are you working on these days to make yourself a more amazing person?

Im working my ass off on being lazy. Thats a hard work. But seriously, im doing nothing, just livin' in my little shithole of shame. So yeah, im out of shape and so on. Hmm... I used to modificate Rimworld back in the days, but im not really doing it now beside messing with other people's mods, so i dunno if it counts.

And just duo-optional thingy from me: Im new here and i already love this community, devs and moderators are nice people and users who stick around are pretty nice too, i hope i'll stick around too and i wont accidentally offend someone or get into arguing with mods and get banned for EVA!!! :D

I really hope so, though, i use to offend people because i just cant keep my mouth shut. And the way i talk too, i curse a lot and im 'cut the shit' type of person, i often say too much which many times ends up in people thinking im simply a jerk. Well, i guess if people around you say you're a jerk, there IS something true in that statement! :D

Welcome @Adamiks aka Adam#2 ^^

If you think your interests are narrow maybe you could try some random stuff out (seriously, I would never have thought I could enjoy acting or dancing if I never had those classes).

Even if I didn't play more than the Undertale demo (limited to the ruins), I do like Sans too (and I saw a friend finish the Genocide route, he's a badass indeed XD )

Mmh. If humankind is able to do the worst, and will most often do the worst, I'd say that there are also a few wonderful people out there who will just do everything they can to make others good and happy! To me, those forums are one of the place crowded with those fabulous people :)

Don't worry too much about getting banned, you'd have to be a huge a****le to get a ban. As long as you're not being a jerk, you're welcome around! (and I think we tolerate kinda heated debates as long as you stay civil ^^ )
Just don't mess with the Etrusan though (and don't try to push us just to check how far you can go) XD

Hehe, yeah, i think i should get some kind of special treatment just because im another Adam on this forum :D

I shall join Acceptable Adam's Army of Gaming (short - AAA G[ames]) and crush his enemies!

And that about my interests was kind of just a joke, yeah, i say a lot of random stuff just to make bad puns or not funny jokes, so better get used to that in case i'll stick around :D

I like to know a lot about a lot, though, there is a fine difference between knowing something and being able to do something. Dancing for example. Or singing. Or sports. Or any physical activity. Besides [NSFW, Content restricted]. And [...]. And yeah, i guess that's all of that.

And yes, well said, actually, it reminded me of Pale Blue Dot. In all our badness, i think its even more important to be a good person. And if we'll get to spread life in the universe, we'll be more or less clear. Even though it doesnt matter if we will spread life or not, and it only matters for us, humans, i think life, especially intelligent life is most precious thing in whole universe. Because life is random and have many possiblities, for example, we're sure gravity wont just 'give up' on us and Sun will raise tomorrow, but we're not sure if some woo-boo-doo aliens wont just fly-by (or cosmic drive-by if you wish) and woo-boo-boom our Sun. Thats a very simple way to put it :D

Life is that one unknown in cosmic equation, you cant measure it, you cant predict it, its chaotic, totally different than rest of the universe.

"All life is precious"

But on the end of the day, for universe, there is no bad or good, important or unimportant, its just our human way of thinking.

And im not going to even try to push any limits in any way possible or any direction, dont worry :D

Also, i feel like making such a long post to you welcoming me is kind of a spam, so sorry, i wasnt planning to make it that long :D

Welcome, Additional Acceptable Adam!

I'm honored to be an Additional Acceptable Adam, Awfully Amazing Adam!

All praise the Bureau of Adams (no, not someone with name Adams, many people with name Adam)!

Welcome Adam2! While I might not be on the Bureau of Adam. I can promise the Council of Jordan has got it goin' on.

Tell us about yourself. What's your story?
Born in a Prairie du Chein, Wisconsin, raised in Winter Haven, Florida. Spent most of my childhood being extreme on bicycles and skateboards and in fruit boots. Wanted to be a comic book artist when I was little. Made a bunch of music around high school and shortly thereafter (10 or so albums, multiple genres). Thought I wanted to be a musician. Got a girlfriend and let go of my musician dreams. Lost the girlfriend, fell into a quarter-life crisis. Found my spirit animal and started doing game design. Now, for the past 8 months I have been hitting it hard trying to learn as much as I can about making games and marketing them and whatnot. I have 2 finished games online, and more to come in the future. :)

What are some of your favorite things?
Sweet ass movies(The Babadook, The Revenant, Snatch, etc.), sweet ass music(Fleshgod Apocalypse, Wumpscut, Danny Baranowsky, Septic Flesh, Rings of Saturn...), vidya games(The Binding of Isaac, Downwell, Borderlands, Crawl, Rick of Rain, Rogue Legacy, Broforce, Helldivers...) caffeine, m'lady friend, bowling, podcasts(Coffee with Butterscotch, Edumacation, Game Dev Unchained, Game Devs Like You, The Angry Chicken...), twitch streams(Cobalt Streak, Zoast, ratsmah, bisnap).

What's the one thing in the universe that you just can't stand?
Moist chewing sounds.

What are you working on these days to make yourself a more amazing person?
I'm hitting game dev hard. Just finished my first game and just a week after releasing it did my first Ludum Dare Game Jam. Was able to finish in time for the Compo with 8 hours to spare, which I'm pretty proud of. I'm absorbing as much as I can about indie development via podcast, video, articles, blogs, forums etc. Working on making my own studio into a real sustainable thing.

Hey there @doombrowski and welcome around! :)

PreviousNext

Return to Butterscotch General Chat