[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Butterscotch Shenanigans Forums • View topic - WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE? (Introductions)

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE? (Introductions)

Just some talk about general Butterscotchy stuff here.
@Madhat Impressive!

I, too, come from a computational biology background. I just got my PhD this past summer (Cell and Molecular Biology) where my dissertation focused theoretically on several of the key molecules that cancer cells co-opt in order to misbehave, and focused practically on how to improve automated digital microscopy for tasks such as screening enormous numbers of cancer cells for their responses to new drugs.

BUT ANYWAY.

There is indeed a strong correlation between racism, homophobia, and idiocy :)

Keep up the good work!

Tell us about yourself. What's your story?

I am a 50-something recently (2011) married woman living in Arizona (originally from the Bay Area). I am a legal secretary for a government agency indigent defense unit. I got into gaming when I got an android phone and started playing Angry Birds (a gateway drug). My first IPAD game was Plants v. Zombies. I've downloaded over 3000 games (my husband doesn't know this but in my defense, many of them were free) and I love to play. I mostly haunt the TouchArcade forum (PBSNellie) and rely on that site and its regulars for quality games.

What are some of your favorite things?
Besides gadgets, cats, books, and the Grateful Dead.

What's the one thing in the universe that you just can't stand?

Stupid people. Unfortunately, stupid pays my mortgage.

What are you working on these days to make yourself a more amazing person?
I am going back to school (I have a Bachelor's in Criminal Justice) to get my paralegal certificate. The last two days I volunteered with my co-workers at the Arizona Veterans Stand Down (services for homeless vets) event.

You should run an ad on my local radio channel.
:D

Welcome aboard both of you :D

@Alphakat Welcome!

Plants Vs Zombies is SO. GOOD. They really nailed that game.

TouchArcade is great. The people there have been really nice to our studio and gave us some much-needed boosts at the very beginning.

It sounds like you are doing some great work out in the world. I hope our games don't distract you too much from it :)

Yep, Jiří.

My second name :)

Tell us about yourself. What's your story?
I'm a 23 year old Voice Performance major finishing up my final semester towards my BM at Central Methodist University. (woo!) You can call me Shawna. I basically do all the music things. Except woodwind instruments and percussion. Please don't make me do percussion. The coordination just isn't there. It sounds terrible.
My first game I ever played/recall playing was The Neverhood on windows95. I've pretty much branched into all types of games- if it's good (and there's time--What is time?) I'll play it.

What are some of your favorite things?
Bands: I have a soft spot for Epica, they're the band that inspired me to start singing again (and pursue classical vocal training) after some Terrible Things happened in high school. I also like David Bowie, Marina and the Diamonds, Metallica, and a strange assortment of other things that probably don't belong together.

foods: ALL THE FOOD

artists: Amano? Thores?

What's the one thing in the universe that you just can't stand?
We've been given time and means to help bring about whatever reality we wish, and yet there are those among us who use that as a weapon to hurt those whose worldview does not match their own. There are people who go out of their way to hurt others and dare to call it justice. It's hard for me to wrap my head around. :/

Also people who are rude to retail/serving/customer service workers. Stop.

What are you working on these days to make yourself a more amazing person?
After some thought I've decided that I do not want my Masters to be Performance, but Music Composition. This basically means that I'll be taking a year or two off from school after I complete my BM to build up my portfolio, taking time to refine some of the things I've already written, add new pieces in, and develop a more mature writing style. (And also work hellaciously to get rid of some of this god forsaken student debt) I'm working on finding a place in Chicago. I'd like to keep doing stage work, so I figure that's the place to go. Once I've got my portfolio ready I'm going to apply at the CCPA at Roosevelt University (another reason why Chicago). And if things don't go as planned, who needs a piece of paper that says they can compose? I'll just do it anyway.

PreviousNext

Return to Butterscotch General Chat