WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE? (Introductions)

Just some talk about general Butterscotchy stuff here.
My name is Joe and I live in the Detroit, MI area. I work in a lab testing sugar at a sugar refinery. I am 25 and I married my high school sweetheart. I love video games and BSCOTCH games! I even have a folder just for your games on my phone. I enjoy reading and spending time at the lake during the summer. I am a huge science nerd and talk like one too, which drives my wife crazy sometimes.
What are some of your favorite things?

I love MT Dew and playing video games while im on a sugar high. I prefer either FPS or RPG/ adventure games. I hope one day to work in a lab and do research all day. I like sci-fi books and cant help but love Harry Potter since i grew up with it.

What's the one thing in the universe that you just can't stand?

People who think they know more on a subject that they know nothing of. I like proving them wrong or making them prove themselves wrong. I'm not mean about it, i just use logic and some wit, I prefer to admit when i know nothing and not look stupid.

What are you working on these days to make yourself a more amazing person?

Im trying to keep working out and stay in shape partially due to wanting to make myself more fit and to help my wife to work out too. Im attempting to find a better job and learn about different fields that I could go into so I can prepare myself for my future family.

@duh8383? Aww yesss another scientist. You and @BscotchAdam? sound like you'd get along well. What does testing sugar consist of? Do you have to...EAT IT?!

there is a little taste testing but there are various tests for color and purity of the sugar, it can be a taxing job but it is one of the most interesting things i have ever done. I had never thought about how sugar is processed and refined, all i knew was that it was in a bag on the shelf in the store.

WELCOME, BS_ELETTER_1! What does your username mean?
19 years? Wow... have you tried newer ones out? I've heard that hearing aid tech makes huge quantum leaps in quality about every 4 years.

I've heard that...[/quote]Really, Seth? :expressionless:

Yeah, I tried to think of a better way to phrase that, but I heard it on NPR, so... there you go.

AW YEAH TRASH CZAR! This guy can brew some beer.

Let's not forget his talent and devotion for trash and all trash related issues.

We would be remiss to forget this.

What's my story?
I DID NOT GROW UP IN GRINNELL, IA. though i'm kind of interested in visiting this magical land some day.
no, actually i've grown up around St. Louis, MO (in the county... actually out in the sticks... sort of around Six Flags) and lived in the area most of my life (i need to travel more).
i knew from an early age that i wanted to be an animator at Disney. around 5th or 6th grade, some friends of mine introduced me to Wolverine and comic books, and from then on i knew i wanted to make comics for Marvel. i was never very good at doing school work. so then i went to SCAD for sequential art and decided to continue not doing school work. after a few semesters of doing nothing i decided i should probably not waste more money. so then i came home and continued to waste money at the community college (and not do work). there's a trend here... (i should probably point out that i drew ALL THE FUCKING TIME up until this point)
then somewhere around 2000? i was fortunate to have a friend of the family invite me to teach a summer camp on cartooning. it was pretty cool! so i've been teaching drawing cartoons and anime to kids since then.
then a few years back i found the Game Dev Meetup and had a revelation-- I CAN MAKE VIDEO GAMES?!??? so that is currently my new focus (when not teaching and delivering pizzas).

What are some of my favorite things?
drawing, comics, games, music... i read mostly indie graphic novels and manga now; i play mostly indie and retro video games (TOO MANY HUMBLE BUNDLES!!!)-- i don't do either often enough. i like a lot of electronic music, alternative or indie rock, industrial, and soundtracks (film and games). i'm definitely fond of female singers as well. check my last.fm if you want specifics. also, i'm addicted to the library. i like to check stuff out and then not read it. i'm also fond of how-to-draw books and creativity/art self-help type books hoping that one of them will somehow make me more motivated (some times i read those). oh, and also i'm addicted to the INTERNETS! :(

What's the one thing in the universe that you just can't stand?

people who don't tip sufficiently (or at all).

What are you working on these days to make yourself a more amazing person?
trying to get a handle on those pixels and vectors, as well as animation (for games of course). also trying to get some damn comics done! i'm in desperate need of some structure and organization in my life.

PreviousNext

Return to Butterscotch General Chat