WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE? (Introductions)

Just some talk about general Butterscotchy stuff here.
Tell us about yourself. What's your story?
Weeell.... it's about 300 pages in the "adult fiction" section. ;) I kid. The publisher told me it was rubbish. T^T
Gamer ever since as old as my grubby, jam-smeared hands could hold an Atari and Colecovision controller, my mom quickly had to put a lid on my tendencies from an early age - otherwise I never would have gone to sleep, school, or church. Grew up in a little woodsy town, eventually discovered this thing called "socialization," and before too long realized there were crazy people just like me haunting local comic shops. Life had never been so glorious as the day of that epiphany.
Now I have the obligations and responsibilities of a grownup. That's good, mostly, as I get paid to investigate train wrecks. No, really.

What are some of your favorite things?
Music-wise, I appreciate orchestrals and instrumentals; artists along the lines of Two Steps from Hell, and Audiomachine.
Food-wise, I find anything tastier than gently-seasoned potting soil tends to be a smash-hit at the dinner table, but Asian cuisine really has a sweet spot with me.
I also like miniatures! I was really big into WarMachine around the time it first came out, and played every week with a friend. (I'm a Cryxian kind of guy.)
Finally... peace and quiet. There's nothing like a nice atmosphere of stillness. Even on a game like Minecraft, just hearing the rain beat on the roof is relaxing. (but watch out for creepers, yo. In real life, too!)

What's the one thing in the universe that you just can't stand?
I think you'll find that the universe pretty much covers everything.
But seriously. Can't stand? People who waste your time. Or my time! People who just don't "get it," whether because they simply can't, or simply won't.

What are you working on these days to make yourself a more amazing person?
Pyrography. While it could be called just a fancy word for woodburning, it sounds cooler.
Last edited by Tortfeasor on 21 Jun 2016 03:24, edited 1 time in total.

Welcome! And Train Wreck Investigator is a super-intriguing job title.

I'm a dude. I like games, philosophy and problem solving. I'm currently working as a Software Engineer Intern and learning the ropes of the DevOps methodology. I love consistent repeatability and am enthusiastic about setting up cloud environments that can be easily scraped and redeployed.
I like just about every genre of music and have explored many of them but none of them as much as rock and metal \m/ :twisted:
I love death metal and have recently ventured into new territory with Fleshgod Apocalypse currently dominating my pandora.

I can't stand uncertainty and rude/hateful people.

A lot of meditation and earning my B.S. in Comp Sci.

Welcome around @terminalparadox ! :)

I was born in Constanta, and adopted/brought to America at 3 years old as a fully naturalized citizen. Since then, I have gone from doing digital art, to creating music, to making sound effects and dubbing cinematics from games.

(Bands, foods, artists, brown paper packages tied up with string)

My music is Alternative Rock as well as Hip Hop. My favorite food is Mac and Cheese! Presents are always nice, which is a step up from brown paper packages tied with string.

Spiders... Spiders scare me way to much.

I study digital audio production, and I am currently busy with learning to film score. I also make my own music, as well as do sound effects and redubbing of visuals in games, movies, etc.

Welcome around @Azraekan
I hope you'll enjoy your stay :)

(Ps I don't have best english so excuse any mistakes

I'm a Cambodian, Chinese, Kiwi and I was born in New Zealand. My real name is Kennedy and am named after the president JFK, and a doctor who took care of my grandma when she had breast cancer, and even though she was dying. Doctor Kennedy became really good friends with her, even though she was dying, and had no chance of living. And some of her finals words to my dad were. "let your son or daughter be a doctor" And this was all in New Zealand and we were a poor family, so my Dad and mom went Australia and got a deal in Melbourne to buy a restaurant and at this age I was like 5 I spent 6 years in Melbourne, my dad sold the restaurant. And went to queensland. And now we're in the present. My dad brought a grocery. And he goes to work in construction, while my mom runs the grocery store. And my dad is looking to build a Hotel in Canbodia. And possibly get enough money for me to go to college. And while this is all happening I'm just here playing video games and enjoying myself.

Video games of course and SCIENCE. I also really love to watch movies (who doesn't really) and I really like listening to radios, and since they are pretty much dead I just listen to podcasts. I also really like singing too, and hopefully am hoping I can really good at it.

What's the one thing in the universe that you just can't stand?[/size]
People like Justin Bieber, Jacob Sartorius, K-Drama actors. Their "fans" are really annoying, and the person themselves think they are better then everyone else. Which gets annoying when the fans will be quiet about how "omergerd he so hot" which gets me insane. And a LOT MORE.

I'm learning how to edit videos better and sing etc better... Can't remember anything else.

And like I said NOT THE BEST ENGLISH

Welcome, @crashy142!

Welcome around and pretty good English as far as I read (no one's perfect but then again you did DAMN GOOD [not a native either though])
Hope everything goes smooth for you and that you'll enjoy your stay here :)

Congratulations and welcome to all the new people I've missed over the last couple of weeks without internet. ^_^;

PreviousNext

Return to Butterscotch General Chat