What kills the time until Crashlands?

Need to get something off of (or onto) your chest? Set it free!
That's the way to be!

Playing smash bros 4 and metroid prime, finding a new tv series to watch or a book to read and maybe studying for my matura ( a couple of tests in various subjects one has to do in austria at the end of 12. Grade)

WAIT. Are you guys PC Gamers? How about TRIBES: ASCEND?

I tried it. The gameplay seemed really nice but I was like level -1 and the others level max and experimented so that was not exactly fun to play.
I mean, I didn't understand what was happening and all. :/

Yeah, that game suffers from incredibly bad matchmaking.

In fact, that's probably why it died off. In Tribes, you gain XP for every game you play, which levels you up to a max of level 50. I believe it takes about 2,000 hours of play to hit level 50. It takes about 4 hours to reach level 8.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM. They only had two matchmaking brackets: The beginners' bracket (level 1-8), and the veterans' bracket (level 9-50). So after playing the game for only a few hours, you are suddenly dumped into games against people who have been playing for hundreds or even thousands of hours.

PRETTY TERRIBLE SYSTEM.

Indeed. I guess you're among the Veteran players?

Nah, I'm level 25 or so.

That's still pretty correct. When do you play ? I'm going to have a lot of free time in a month and that would be fun to be able to play with you (if you agree obviously).

For me it's a wide diversity of games. I got into the industry long after Sam and Seth and have a lot of catching up to do. So I try to work through my giant Steam library, playing each game longer than I want to discover what it does wrong and right. I still almost never finish new games.

For games I do like, I tend to get into them really intensely for a short time and then replay them every 6-18 months. Those include Half-Life 2, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Borderlands 2, and Terraria, probably with some others. I LOVED Tribes but, as Seth said, their matchmaking has completely fallen apart and the servers are sparse. The one game I can still happily play at any time is Left 4 Dead 2.

At this exact moment it's Battlblock Theater (a hilarious platformer, has co-op) and Ori and the Blind Forest (a beautiful precision platformer puzzler).

I was playing Dragon Quest (mobile versions of IV, I and II) before I accidentally bumped into Flop Rocket. But now I'm hunting for Pete ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic