[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Butterscotch Shenanigans Forums • View topic - What kills the time until Crashlands?

What kills the time until Crashlands?

Need to get something off of (or onto) your chest? Set it free!
I LIIIIIIVE.

Playing LOL, DOTA 2, Diablo 3, PvZ 2, and fixing paperwork for wedding stuff. So. Much. Paperwork.

/just wanted to post SOMETHING so you guys know I'm still lurking <3

Glad to hear you're still around! I play a little LoL every once in a while, but not enough to have ever become better than not-very-good at a it.

If I'm correct, that's a 4a.m UTC+1 :/
If you do full-days on some weekends though that should be possible :)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting some gaming in this weekend. Are you on Steam?

My Steam account is a5stoz, for anyone interested in friending me!

Does anyone here know/play some mobile multiplayer games?
In my opinion there's a huge gap to fill in that category.
The best I've ever played is Osmos. Then Terraria, Minefraft and Reckless Racing 2 (never played online but I believe it has a multiplayer).
I also tried Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light (nailed it with my GF on PC), but it crashes on multiplayer mode.

@tofos Nope I don't have data on my phone and it wouldn't be able to sustain multiplayer games.

@bscotchseth Yeah but damn I hate Steam. Tried to find you but Steam was like "Nope, not gonna happen". Every damn time when I try to find/get a friend...
Mine is Ulnarevern if you're more lucky than me. I checked, there's only one. With the Warframe pic from Aquitaine, France, just in case

DONE!

And yeah, serious multiplayer mobile games are mostly not present because of the unrealistic demands players put on them. If you made a real-time multiplayer mobile game, people would try to play it on their weak 3g data connection, then endlessly complain to the developer about lag. Most people wouldn't stop to think that they should really only be playing such a game on their home wireless network.

That's why the big multiplayer mobile games tend to be asynchronous -- they only have to send a little bit of data at a time.

It's a poor excuse, Seth :) First of all, you can force player to use WiFi. And secondly, how about turn based games? I always wondered why there are no games like first Pokemons or Fallouts but with co-op mode. And how about Heroes of M&M? I can't find game like this on mobile. Why? In my opinion turn based games fits mobile better because they don't need precise controls.

It's for a niche public. Most mobile players just spend their time playing, they don't really play (they launch the game to let the time pass rather than to play).
Some turn-based strategy games (and probably RPG) exists on phone that's just that not a lot of people play them :)

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic