SIAH - Stick It Around Here (Random stick-style comic)

Need to get something off of (or onto) your chest? Set it free!
0046 - Light

If you read last week's, it's more or less the same idea, applied to a different topic.
I find it a bit sad that most people lost their sense of wonder. I mean, we live in a fabulous world in terms of technology and beauty! Of course, a part of humankind may not be able enjoy that because their life is really harsh. But if you're around then you can access a computer or a phone or something... And you're watching this but you probably don't have a single clue how it works.

Try to remember that things we take for granted aren't so simple and stay curious ;)

You can find SIAH and a few texts on my website: www.hybrid-reverie.com/
This is not a double post (more than 48 hours since my previous post)

0047 - DKC

DKC stands for Death/Kilometer Count. It is somewhat the thing this comic is about.
Not a lot to say here though. Of course we hear about Syria, but I wonder if it isn't "just" because the immigrants seek refuge in Europe. Plus all in all it is rather close.
However I'm pretty sure there's a lot of bad stuff going on in a lot of other places but that we never hear of it (because of that rule)...
Feel free to tell me I'm wrong if you have arguments.
This comic was based on a feeling and words from Coluche (French comic guy) more than facts by the way.

You can find SIAH (with a convenient reader) and a few texts on my website: www.hybrid-reverie.com/

Aaah, every time this topic comes up I just refer people to the "MonkeySphere" Theory.

"One death is a tragedy. One million deaths is a statistic."
-Kevin Federline

That's a read I should share to everyone... EVEN with the part about French people XD
But most people I know IRL are phobic of English or just don't think English can be recreational...

Actually there was a French humorist called Coluche who talked about the Death/Kilometer Count, when he was still alive - so before 1986. I may have enjoyed that read ^^

Thanks for the link Mea :)

Also, is it normal if I felt like I kinda did/knew (unconsciously) that already? Still far from anything BUT STILL.

It's actually been on my bookmarks list since... well, whenever it came out. That whole article, while written by a comedy site, just struck home in multiple ways. The truth of the monkeysphere is something we always knew on a subconscious level, but something we refuse to think about on a conscious (and daily) level... for the exact reasons we have a monkeysphere in our brain. XD

Damn true!

Oddly enough I think the BsBros are the ones who made me realize how our acts can have an impact, even when we don't even think of it, so THANKS BSBROS

0048 - Categories

The more I think about it, the more I think that I don't belong/I don't want to belong to most of the categories.
I am me, with so many flaws I stopped counting - but maybe a few qualities too, I hope.
Of course, anyone can still consider me as something or something else, but it is just seeing one side of who I am.

... And I'm pretty sure it's the same about everyone, so let's just stop trying to put people into categories?

I may or may not do one or two other comics on that theme.

You can find SIAH (with a convenient reader) and a few texts on my website: www.hybrid-reverie.com

0049 - Categories 2

Direct follow-up from last week's comic.
Be aware that everything here is overly over-simplified, but still a bit more detailed than before. And I think I got to brush the basic idea.
I do believe that we can totally live without using categories or else, if we try. But it still needs some work on ourselves so this is likely to not happen anytime soon.

You can find SIAH (with a convenient reader) and a few texts on my website: www.hybrid-reverie.com

Ayup. Is this based on the feminism conversation you were talking about in chat? And the irony of putting categories into categories. "Black and white", "Men and women", etc.

Also, just a word of constructive criticism, you might want to recheck your speech placement. I keep reading the first panel backwards. English is written from left to right, so I actually read the lower left text before I read the upper-right text. Keeps confusing me initially, but the other panels are fine, they read in order. Just those first ones.

Nope it's related to another conversation :)

"And the irony of putting categories into categories. "Black and white", "Men and women", etc."
Not sure I get what you mean here

And about the text... I kinda know but I'm also kinda lazy sorry :(

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic