3D Graphics

Need to get something off of (or onto) your chest? Set it free!
Post your stuff here and discuss about it! Also discuss about software you use (don't forget to follow the rules, especially DO NOT START flameware).

Links expired, nothing to see here, move along.
Last edited by Etrusan on 07 May 2017 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

It looks "ok-ish" indeed :D
I noticed some tiling problems (on the last pic) but it is easily understandable.
For those who don't know about it in 3D, it is a pain in the ass. There are software to do it but it is mostly imperfect and you have to know 2D tools and have a lot of time to do it yourself. And once you have a tileable texture, you still have to make sure it works with your model with UV mappings.

However, don't you think you could push the bump/normals a bit? It could give some more depth to your render I think

It's not tiled because it's curved. I could try to fix it but, you probably won't see it from the cabin. No bumps, it's for game and this game doesn't know bumps, or all the usefull settings. It know only specular and that is useless.

Cool! Though I'm not totally sure what I'm looking at ;)

If I'm understanding correctly, you've used satellite imagery as the ground texture and are building things on top of it?

What are you using this for? A learning exercise, the scenery for a game you want to build, and art project...

It's an addon for a game (OMSI2). The satellite imagery took me about 2 weeks to complete because Google maps are rubbish (different scale on each picture) so I went with local provider - mapy.cz. Zoom is 36m and final image is 16 000x9 000px.

That's a big resolution.
Did you take less time to do the modeling than to do the imagery?

Hey I put it here since it is about 3D graphics but caliber_mengsk's topic reminded me about MakeHuman, which is a 3d opensource software that allows you to create human character easily :)

I tried it a while ago and it really seemed powerful but I didn't do what I wanted.
I don't know how it would work in the Unity engine, however.
And I don't think it comes with integrated animations but I believe there's already an attached skeleton for animations.

Red bowl in a white room

Looks much much better than your first shot!
Congrats!

Next

Return to Off Topic