Your phone/pc

Need to get something off of (or onto) your chest? Set it free!
Discuss about you phone/pc!

For my phone and to answer your question - it's full vanilla. No mods, roms, root or else.
Android 2.3.7 + Sony Timelapse + Orange stuff
I did not modify it, nor I updated it since it is too slow to run Android 4.x smoothly.

Nope, it's not, I have Sola (same family, but I have SD card slot) and after I got rig of bloatware (everything), it's fine.

Yeah probably, but this means you rooted it, right?
I'm too lazy to do it, even more since I don't use it a lot anymore.

Sure, I cannot image using my phone without root (adblock, xposed framework). I'm also on custom ROM.

I built my PC and it's crammed full of flashing blue lights FOR NO REASON AT ALL!

Aesthetics maybe?

For my next rig I'll go for Intel Skylake + Pascal Nvidia graphics card (or AMD equivalent if they do something really great). Still have to wait 'till 2016 but it should be worth the wait.
And A SILENT RIG (or close). Younger me was stupid to like the noise my actual computer makes. It could cover the sound of a plane getting off.

For now I have a full blue stuff too (blue led for the screen and the speakers, blue lighting for the mouse and keyboard). By the way isn't blue light bad for our eyes? Dang it.

Everything I do is mostly from my Galaxy S4.

I've got the Samsung Galaxy S6. Seems the same as any other high-end phone, except for the fingerprint scanner. I'd pay half the value of the phone JUST FOR THAT FEATURE. It's amazing, and works with Lastpass so that I can have everything really securely password-protected but also easy to get into.

My PC is an ever-changing beast. The case is a big blue-glowing thing (seems to be common) from 6 years ago when Seth and I were starting up a custom computer company. I have no idea what's in there right now, I typically upgrade one part at a time, and to save on cost get high-end stuff that's been out for 6 months to a year. So I'm easily 18-24 months behind the curve right now.

I used to run Ubuntu on my PC, but have some software that only works on Windows, so I use W7 on my PC and laptop.

Heh. My actual setup material was released in 2009, I bought it in 2010 or 2011. The thing does not even support Dx11, so it's pointless trying to update the thing.
For the update I'll keep the hard drives (2TB and 1TB) aaaand that's pretty much everything X)
Jump from Dx10 to Dx12, from a ~45nm processor and graphics card for 16nm ones, from DDR2 to DDR4 and from hard drive to SSD. My god I just want to be in 2016 already!
I can't even edit stuff in real time in Inkscape... And my laptop has a faster processor and the dedicated graphics card is almost as fast as my desktop one. Technology evolved I guess.
The old one will keep the 250GB hard drive and go for my parents (they like to have a dedicated web-browsing computer).

I do like Windows 7 by the way. Simple and effective, and that's how I like EVERYTHING.

The other thing is the phone. If it can last 2 or more years I'd be happy but I'm almost convinced I'll buy a Windows Phone next time so I won't be able to play your games on it I guess... That's sad.

Next

Return to Off Topic