[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Butterscotch Shenanigans Forums • View topic - Your phone/pc

Your phone/pc

Need to get something off of (or onto) your chest? Set it free!

Samsung S4 Phone running Android 5.0.1 (Lollipop)
Samsung Note 10.1 tablet running Android 4.1.2 (Jellybean)
Both just running standard settings, but with the Apex Launcher desktop because I prefer it to the shitty Samsung layout.

And computer specs...
...for my dodgy half-built machine that was a package rush job when my last one blew a motherboard....
Processor: 3.60 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4790 ((Multi-core (4 total) Hyper-threaded (8 total)))
Board: ASRock B85M Pro3
RAM: 24GB (3x 8 RAM sticks - will edit with brand/type when my fiance gets home)
Main Hard Drive: 120gb (OS)
Secondary Drive: 250GB (games)
2 interchangable 2TB drives (Art and Media)

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series [Display adapter] (I lament daily that it's not a NVIDIA ;_; The second we can rebuild this thing, that damn GFX card is going, I hatehatehatehatehate AMD D:< )
Onboard: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 [Display adapter]

Running 3 rather shitty (but do the job monitors)
CMO CMC 19 [Monitor] (19.1"vis, August 2005)
Samsung SMB2430L [Monitor] (23.4"vis, s/n PU24HVDZ201998, February 2010)
TOSHIBA-TV [Monitor] (31.5"vis, October 2010)

You got a typo - 4.1.2 is Jelly Bean, 4.4 is Kitkat.

Lol, sorry. I just kinda guessed. I looked up Lollipop to be sure, but not that. XD

I wish I could put KitKat on it. For some reason it won't upgrade any further, which is really frustrating when there are a couple of programs I wanna use that won't run on anything less then 4.2 Blargh. DX

Huh, according to Google in our country Note 10.1 has 4.4.2 (at least).

Available in some countries, not in Australia for some reason. Best I can get without completely jacking it is 4.1.2. (still, just checked again then). I'm actually starting to get frustrated with it. There's no reason why it shouldn't be available on my device... seems that Samsung just gave up on the rest of the world. :/

I'm sure folks over at the XDA have something for you.

Anyway my pc - AMD Phenom X4 9650, 2,3GHz; Asus GeForce GT 740 2GB (after my GeForce 9800GT 512MB died); ADATA 4GB RAM DDR2; Windows 8.1; WD Caviar Green 1TB and Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Phone - Xperia Sola (red, I like colors), Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9; Mali-400; 512 MB RAM; Android 4.0.4 (ICS), rooted, custom ROM - eXperience V2, red status bar (HEX #b20000), red keyboard (also HEX #b20000) - see for yourself (the white stripe on the top is battery).

I have a Nexus 4 and a PC with random parts in it. I just updated my graphics card to a gtx960 6 months ago, but most other parts are pretty old. 8 gigs of ddr2 ram random old mainboard 500 GB SSD (from 3 years ago) and 1 TB HDD. I only need my PC to play CS:GO and LoL, and it does that fine.

Mea, why would you even change that computer? It'll be good for at least two or three years!
Except for the graphics card. AMD has to catch up with NVidia...

Just for fun, my oooooold rig:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 (dual core) @2.93GHz
Board: Asus P5QSE2 (I have no idea of what the chipset is, and I don't want to know)
RAM: 2GB (2x1GB DDR2 667 RAM sticks (one is DDR2 800)
Main Hard Drive: 250GB (OS and software)
Secondary Drives: 1TB (games mostly) + 2TB drive (1TB for games and software installers, 1TB for media)
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTS250
Screen: Asus WV225N (1680*1050, 22.5")
Case: Asus Vento A8

My laptop rig:
Asus Transformer Book Flip TP300LD
Processor: Intel Core I5-4210U (1.7Ghz base, up to 2.7GHz, dual core with Hyperthreading)
RAM: 4GB DDR3L
Hard Drive: 500GB (180GB for the OS and software, 250GB for data)
Graphics Card: GeForce 820M + Intel HD4400
Screen: 13.3" tactile screen (1366*768), convertible

Because for the level of artwork I'm doing it's not cooperating. Mostly it's the graphics card, yes. But there's also the fact that there's not enough connection for all my drives. Right now I'm forced to dock my art/media drive and swap them as I need them. Need more ports and cables to hook everything up at once so I can access everything. Also don't like the fact that 2 of my displays are on one connection and my third is on another. They don't play very nice. Need to get a second graphics card (or more specifically 2 new Nvidia cards) running in tandem so they all work in the same format and whatnot.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic