Random act of laughter

Need to get something off of (or onto) your chest? Set it free!
Did anything completely weird/random but amusing ever happened to you?
TELL US.

If you want to.

Topic motivated by this:

I was trying to do my some research for a model of an arm, I just googled the French word for it.
I didn't get why there were a lot women in fancy underwear at first.

Wonder what is the word?
"BRAS"

I did laugh at my cluelessness.

Like when public transport system has day of open doors (no idea how to translate it, but they open the depot so you can walk in and see stuff), you eat a lot of food and then throw up there? Oh yeah, they had toilet paper in the buffet. Friend of my almost died laughing.

@Etrusan, I believe that "open day" is the name you were looking for.
However in polish it's also called "open dors". At last we are neighbors :)

[edit] The truth is in the middle
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doors_Open_Days

[edit] Aaaaaand funny story.
I was at the post office trying to pickup parcel for my girlfriend.
- Who is the recipient for you?
- It's my girlfriend.
The lady started to fill some forms, then give them to me to sign and she said:
- I wrote "friend" because it sounds better than fiance, right?

Random story from France.
~18 years old French people have the "Baccalauréat" (BAC) (the equivalent of what you probably get on your senior year. CAN'T FIND DOCUMENTATION)

The subject for the French written test was a poem called "Le Tigre bleu de l'Euphrate" (you can translate). Most of the students apparently thought of a REAL tiger, except that it was related to Tigris, the other river alongside Euphrates.
This is kind of fun (but also depressing) to read the comments on Twitter about #BacFrancais

Well from what I know Americans don't really have that big test at the end of senior year. What's generally more important is that you get good scores on your ACT or SAT tests which you usually do in junior year, but you can give them another shot to improve your scores.

Speaking of senior year tests i am currently at the end of my Matura (probably comparable to the BAC). And this year is the first year that all written exams got centralized. Well there was a school class that was succesfully cheating in Mathematics, until they were stupid enough to post it on facebook.... now they have to retake that five hour long test in fall :D

Karma. Always gets you.

Karma would be a great name for an assassin.

You should make that happen in one of your games :)

Karma in Crashlands confirmed.

Crashlands doesn't have assassins! It has space truck drivers, robot palettes, giant evil floating heads, goat people, electric walruses, spacetime folders, glotion, anthropomorphic beatboxing narwhals, and explosive bird sharks.

Assassins are too mainstream!

Next

Return to Off Topic