Let's talk a little French

Need to get something off of (or onto) your chest? Set it free!
I've just started learning French with Duolingo and I think that would be very nice to speak with natives about it. @Ulnarevern, I'm counting on you!

First question. How do you know when someone is speaking about plurals or not? For me Le and Les or Homme and Hommes sounds exactly the same!

BTW, there's Polish for English speakers on Duolingo for a few weeks. If anyone would like to try it, I'll be more than happy to help :)
https://www.duolingo.com/course/pl/en/L ... ish-Online

Commençons par une réponse en français :
Le/La et Les ne se prononcent pas de la même façon, mais c'est peut-être difficile à différencier pour les non-natifs.
Homme et Hommes se prononcent de la même façon, et donc le pluriel doit se déterminer grâce à l'article (Le/Les) et/ou au contexte.
La plupart des pluriels (lorsqu'on rajoute un 's' à la fin) se prononcent de la même façon que le singulier :)

Here's the (rough/literal) translation:
Le/La et Les don't have the same pronunciation, but it may be hard to differentiate for non-native speakers.
Homme and Hommes have the exact same pronunciation, so the plural must be determined by the article (Le/Les) and/or the context.
Most plurals (when you add a 's' at the end) are pronounced the same way as the singular word :)

Also, long time no see tofos! :)

Merci!
That would be harder than I thought, but I'll try anyway.

I'm here all the time but maybe not that active lately :)

If you want any help, I'm here, either for correction or discussion :)

Be prepared!
Le garcon mange une pomme :D

Woohoo !

J'aime bien les pommes, mais il arrive parfois qu'elles soient abîmées ou de moins bonne qualité.

Take it easy! I know maybe ten words right now :D
What I understood is that you like apples... and I guess theres also word "quality" :P

I like apples, but it sometimes happen that apples are damaged or of a worse quality.

Quite roughly once again ^^

If never heard someone just wanted to learn French by himself nothing agaisnt you ulna. But it can be very useful, and is polish hard?! I mean a lot of grammar rules like France.

Polish is considered the hardest language in the World!
Even Poles can't speak it properly.

Return to Off Topic