Switching from iPhone to Android -- model suggestions?

Need to get something off of (or onto) your chest? Set it free!
So after looking into the sony xperia z 5 im not too sure. I am now looking into the nexus 6p. thoughts on this one? Ive never used android so im just trying to get into it. No fancy rooting and things yet.... but just want it to run smoothly and have decent gameplay.

Depends on the games you want to play. As mentioned previously, any phone would run Crashlands. 3D intensive games are another problem though but keep in mind that the Performance/Pixel ratio is usually similar from one price to another. In case of doubt, just check reviews and benchmarks :)

Nexus can be good since it's stock Android. No brand-related fanciness, but no bullshit either. I don't know about those though.

Sweet! In terms of games, Ill most likely only be playing crashlands, hearthstone, and a few other games like zombie catchers, trials frontier, and the other bscotch games. Nothing that requires too much power i think right?

Indeed. However I forgot to mention that my knowledge of phone stuff dates back to 2012, it may have changed since then.

However, I don't think $500 models are useful, except if you want the nice little features. a $200-400 one should do it nicely. I think.

The only thing Im sorta iffy on is that the nexus does not have an sd card slot for extra memory. It comes in the 32, 64 and 128 gig... I'd like to spend less and get the 32 gig, but on my current phone, I've used just over the 32 gig mark. So id have to lean toward the 64 or really clean up my music library.... Not sure.

Second option. PCs are for that ;)
You probably won't listen to more than 2-3GB over a few months anyway :)

Perfect. I think you may have just convinced me. Its alot easier to store files from an android on a pc anyway... Ive grown tired of apple's non drag and drop sync weirdness.... so I think ill go for a 32 gig. Thanks!

So i ended up getting a galaxy note 5. A bit pricey but they had a buy one get one offer. It ended up working out and now I can play crashlands on a huge screen when im out and about.

NICE! :D

Previous

Return to Off Topic