Good books?

Need to get something off of (or onto) your chest? Set it free!
Daaaang. That "Cell" book sounds awesome. And I'm a huge Jim Butcher fan, so I'll definitely need to check out The Dresden Files.
READING LIST EXPLODIIIIING

Society of the Mind by Eric Barry. This sci-fi book give an interesting twist to computer AI when a psychologist is hired by the owner of a super computer to find out what is wrong with the AI computer.
The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall. This book has to be one of the most mind bending books I have ever read. For me it borders on Inception style mind blowing. If you read the synopsis pay no attention to it. It deals with the "concepts" of language and sound and how they are turned into physical things like a boat. I have read it 3 times and plan to read it again.

Anonymous Rex trilogy by Eric Garcia. If you like off the wall mixed with a private investigator genre this is a good series. The dinosaurs never died off and hide in disguises among us, they keep their existence secret and get high off of herbs like oregano.

Man... those are some weird concepts. I'M GOING TO READ THEM.

Parsh81 said:

here is a list i jotted down a while ago. ill put it in pastebin to save space

http://pastebin.com/jeANG3pv

[/quote]

I'm a big Vonnegut fan....I'm looking at almost every book he wrote sitting on my shelf :).

Seconding Terry Pratchett, I think I've read all of the Discworld books.
[/quote]
There are 40 of them now! :dizzy_face: Every one of them gold, and hopefully many more to come!

Just started reading Hyperion. So far, so good!

How is Neal Stephenson not on here yet? All of his books are the best book. ALL OF THEM.

[url=/profile/4/BscotchSeth]BscotchSeth[/url] said:

Just started reading Hyperion. So far, so good!

[/quote]
Sweet. You'll like the first two books, consider the "Hyperion Cantos". It's the 3rd and 4th that you'll have to go out on a limb for. They answer all the questions you might have, but not necessarily in the way you wanted. Also sometimes the mystery is a good thing. Let your imagination figure it out.

IMAGINATION? DANGIT PAT, I READ BOOKS SO I DON'T HAVE TO THINK!

@PattyC? I stopped after the second, since it wrapped up nicely and I figured the others would struggle to meet my expectations. You can't stop after the first, though, since it is just a ridiculous cliffhanger at which NO QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED AT ALL.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic