Musics ? What da ya like overhere ?

Need to get something off of (or onto) your chest? Set it free!
That's kinda classy!
But it is a one-time show or will there be some 'sequels'? :)

I hope sequels, but it's very hard to dig unknown bands, because they're, you know, unknown :D

Yeah that makes sense :D

Sounds pretty cool. How did they find you?

Only thing I did is that I said on live show I've made playlist with my favourite tracks. That's it. Next thing I know, month later he sends me an email.

When can we listen to it?

No idea but I'll post more info as soon as possible.

Did I mention here that I love Editors? Probably.

Basically, none of their album is the same as the previous one. They have their own identity but it is - in my opinion - never repetitive. I really love what they do.

Their new tour is going to stop just in my city. Almost had a heart attack when I saw this in my mail this morning. It's the LAST DATE of their tour. And it just made my day and probably my week.

@Ulnarevern INTERESTING!

I can see why people would like that kind of variety. It can also backfire, too! There's a band called the J. Arthur Keenes Band, and they have this crazy album of chiptune-like music with lots of distorted vocals mixed in. I was super pumped because it's some great music and sounds video gamey (which I like), so I went to check out their other albums, and none of their other albums are like that. Every album is different. Then, I was sad. :(

I WANTED MORE AWESOME CHIPTUNE STUFF!

Indeed that can also backfire :/
But the same goes for everything :)

For me, Editors are a bit like you guys: ALWAYS AWESOME AND NEVER REPETITIVE (or can get repetitive over time if you play the same thing over and over again). Except that they make music. And you make games. Awesome music and awesome games.

Also, their singer makes half of the identity of the band (I've never heard another singer with a similar voice) and they keep guitars and lyrics for the second half of their identity. The wrapping does change though.

The first album (The Back Room) is more rock/alternative-ish, the second one (An End As A Start) is still rock-ish but in a different manner... Maybe less "agressive" in a way. Their third one (In This Light And On This Evening) uses a lot of electro-stuff and sounds more calm (calmer?).
Their fourth and last one for now (The Weight Of Your Love) goes back to less-electro-stuff music, but it is more calm than the previous ones, maybe they "worked" more on it. It sounds more profound, more acieved in a way. Maybe the violins help. I don't have the words to explain it correctly in English.

Anyway, if you want to listen to them, I suggest you to listen to 2 to 4 songs per album can give you a good preview of their work :) (too many "to")

EDIT: Also, their acoustic versions are crazy. About their live music... Well I'll tell you in December :D

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic