First try of Inkscape eva!

Need to get something off of (or onto) your chest? Set it free!
So I had nothing to do and Sam's awesome timelapses on Inkscape made me want to try the soft. So here is a result. It's some random thing (a cross between some characters i think. I followed my first line to do my drawing). The result is not great but still it looks like something and that was my goal.
And why showing this here? I don't know. I wanted to show it to some one.

In fact, it is really a great software. And @BscotchSam you're awesome as hell. It's easy to use but hard to master and your results are great!

Better than my first one ever! I actually just did an intro talk on Inkscape this Monday for the St. Louis crew, you can check it out over here if you want some pro-tips!
Grats on taking the jump :D

I've used photoshop a lot and feel comfortable with it. I have no idea what I'm doing w inkscape and even doing the simpler stuff seems impossible. I think I'll be watching Sam's video :).

@BscotchSam Thanks a lot! Not at home for now but I'll watch this video (and all your timelapses too), even if it's not my main project yet, it's always good to learn (for some times later)!
Oh, and would it be possible to have the link or a picture of "fuck this entire half" thing somewhere here please? I don't plan on strictly copying it but it can also serve as a reference of the usefull tools :smile:

P.S. I just tried to imitate what i saw in your timelapses. It's still far from your results though. Butt I have some time to learn.
P.P.S Your way of speaking is pretty awesome to understand for a non native english-speaking like me

Here's the dropbox link to the hotkey mapping and a pdf of it! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t8zfj5kzkgm2 ... 7wD-WPtfza

Awesome! Thanks a lot! :smiley:

hey @BscotchSam do you have a key for locking objects in there? i couldn't find that anywhere (or on the menu), but i thought it was an option usually. the only way i found to do it was to right-click the object and open it's properties. there's got to be an easier way, right? do you ever lock objects?

You can set up a locked layer and move objects into that layer! But I think Sam rarely locks things.

@TimConceivable? I never lock/unlock or use layers.

That takes time.

However, clever usage of GROUPS should alleviate many of your issues.

Next

Return to Off Topic