First try of Inkscape eva!

Need to get something off of (or onto) your chest? Set it free!
well, i asked because i wanted to make sure my ants were spaced evenly apart to make a spirte strip (or whatever you call it) for the walk-cycle. so i was making boxes to put them in and i wanted to keep from selecting the boxes while working on the ants. also, i've occasionally brought in jpgs to trace in Inkscape and found it easier to lock them for the same reason. thanks for the input guys!

How on earth do you guys get those amazing lighting effects?! I can't seem to do that. Whenever I try using some of the filters, the image really gets messed up (crooked around the edges and weird stiff like that). However, I am currently in the belief that its cuz of my laptop- very old.

What lighting effects?

you don't know?? Am I going insane?(<=Most probably) How did you get the little white bubbles in quadropus rampage to seem so perfectly positioned on the sprites' body and the shading? did you use the filters or just did it yourselves?

Sam just drew white spots on stuff then reduced the opacity a bit, to make it look shiny. For shadows, he draws shapes on the undersides of things and makes them black with 30% opacity. That's about it!

Really? That's amazing!! It still looks so realistic! My best attempt at that was a few squiggly lines behind the pathetic stick figure i drew and so I ventured further into the world of Inkscape to find other ways to shade. The other methods don't work on my laptop. :s Thnx anyway, maybe next time i'll take more time in the shading!!

@B3A5T? did you see this thread?? watch the videos. you should find answers there. http://forums.butterscotch-shenanigans. ... timelapses

Have you checked out Sam's timelapse videos?

Previous

Return to Off Topic