[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Butterscotch Shenanigans Forums • View topic - Roid Rage like infinite space game

Roid Rage like infinite space game

Talk about anything and everything game dev-related here!

Don't force all the other objects to move... Just have the camera follow the rocket! (Like you're doing in the second example), and have the rocket move.

Check your room settings to make sure it has no object set to "following".

Still doesn't work.

I've made it work with GUI room settings, but it worked only when room was bigger than the view. But I want camera to follow player when room size is equal to view size, even if player is out of the room.

What is or isn't it doing? Got a .gmz file I can poke at?

Hmmmm... it just started to work, but I have no idea how I did it :D Probably something with room\view settings.
Thanks, Seth!

It actually really really bugs me when things just "start working" without any reason why. Why? Cause then I can't fix it next time, and when you do figure it out, just gives you a greater understanding of the system you are using.

Glad it's working though. :D

Probably I messed up with room view settings at the first time. It started to work when I removed the room, added new one and just enabled View0 and made it visible, with no other changes in view setting.

Yeah, you probably have views turned off in the room!

Return to Game Dev