First game in GameMaker

Talk about anything and everything game dev-related here!
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but it seemed game devy enough.

So I have been making games for a little over two years now and mainly use Unity and occasionally dabble inside of Unreal Engine 4. I have always been curious and wanted to learn how to use and make games inside of GameMaker and once I saw that Butterscotch Shenanigans was hiring I figured it was the perfect excuses to learn :D. So I went skimmed through some tutorials and decided to try to make a pong remake, for some reason remaking pong is just a great way for me to learn an engine.

Below is the game I made in roughly a day and I tried to make it as JUICY as possible with the little I learned today. I must say that I had loads of fun learning GameMaker and can't wait to learn and use it more :). It will definitely be an engine that I add to my arsenal when I think of creating a 2D game.

Hope you all enjoy PONGSPLOSION!!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B20o9JPpo4-bZmxFWVk2cmF5ZW8/view?usp=sharing

Awesome, I'm gonna try it as soon as I have time!

Heartbeast and Shaun Spaulding have great tutorials on youtube that span multiple genres within Game Maker. I'd suggest checking some of them out. I got my start via a Udemy course by Heartbeast. :)

Thank you I will check them out here soon :). Yeah last night I followed a tutorial that was actually on the gamemaker site about how to make an astroid game and learned quite a bit from that :).

I have checked them out and subscribed to both! They are freakin awesome lol. Thank you for the recommendations!

AWWW YEAH! Great work! That's a hell of a one-day game!

Thanks Seth! :D I find myself coming back to GameMaker everyday since haha. Trying to figure out random level generation right now.

@thatguyminib No problem. Enjoy the game dev journey that lies ahead. :)

Return to Game Dev