Need feedback for a game

Talk about anything and everything game dev-related here!
Hey everyone I am looking for feedback for a game I am currently working on right now. Art is still in the works. Just trying to nail gameplay atm and add some game feel when I can. Hope you all enjoy!

https://razzit.itch.io/dont-panic

Some super quick thoughts:

- I like the strange shaped "terrain" that I appear to be protecting.

- The delay between pressing the mouse button and actually firing a weapon made me really want to panic!

- It would be cool if the reticle turned red or something when I was outside the bullet radius (that is, if my actual mouse was farther away from my tank than the bullet would actually survive) just as a visual indicator of my range.

Ok, so I played the game and it seems like an interesting concept.
Defending a strange group of blocks, shooting randomly spawning enemies, all cool mechanics.
I'm just not entirely sure what the point is. If it's a high score chaser, I personally don't feel extremely compelled to play for a long time.
Can you give more details on what your plan is or what mechanics you are adding?

Thank you guys for the feedback! It is always good to hear good and bad, it helps create a better game.

I find that right now you are right there isn't much keeping people playing the game, which is something I need to try to do. At the moment it is endless and there is no end goal. Right now the concept behind it is you play a boy named David that is fighting monsters inside of his head. The artwork is still in the works as well.

I may be a bit slow but first thing I did was clicking. And I thought I was a turret that couldn't move (don't ask me why).

As previously said the idea is interesting but you'll have to find a way to keep the player playing :)

Yeah I was kind of thinking maybe have a progress bar and every 5 levels you can upgrade your character in a way and then every 10 levels a boss appears.

That would be a good start :)
However I fear that may not be enough, depending on your goals with that game ;)

Just did a pretty big update for the game. Still in prototype phase but I added upgrades and three bosses to battle. Also some art for the main character as well.

Return to Game Dev