Here is what I learned publishing our first game!

Talk about anything and everything game dev-related here!
Hey everyone me and some friends just published our first game! Not posting here to promote just wanted to tell you the story and what I learned.

So one day I sat down and said I wanna publish a game, because I never have and didn't know how to and I wanted to learn so I can be better prepared for future games. So me and two other friends gave ourselves three days to create and publish a game to google play. For this project I used Unity since it was the only engine I have that I am able to export out for android.

I encountered many problems and issues when incorporating ads, achievements, leaderboards and in app purchases. One was actually needing to learn how to do them. One problem I came upon was the plugin was not working for me and wasn't allowing me to build things out, which took about 4 hours in itself to complete.

Another main problem is I was unaware of everything google needs for you to publish and the process I needed to fully go through.

Although it wasn't difficult to learn it sure was a lot to take in on the last day and by that time I was still trying to polish up the game as best as I could.

All in all though at the end of it we did publish our first game and I learned a lot about what needs to be done in order to have the game published on google play.

I would recommend anyone that does not know how to publish onto google play and is looking to in the future to do this exercise so that you can better prepare yourself and so it goes smoothly on your other releases.

If you want to check out the game you can so here at this link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... asis&hl=en

Some time next week we will do a postmortem as well on the whole experience and I will let you guys know when that is up.

If anyone has any questions or feedback on the game feel free to ask and feedback away.

The controls are a bit delayed,It takes like a second before it works. I don't know if it is in my device only though.

What device are you using?

Hmmm I'll look into it and see what I can do.

Just put out a new update so hopefully it fixed the issue. I unfortunately only have one device to test on at the moment and on that device it works fine.

Thanks for the update but it doesn't not seem to fix it. The attack is not delayed but the jump is still the same.

DANG! lol I will keep hackin at it XD.

Actually I'm pretty sure the jump happens on release rather than on tap. Maybe it's the source of the problem, maybe it's something else :)

good job.

Next

Return to Game Dev