Sweet Humble *GameMaker* Bundle w/ FlopRocket Source!!

Talk about anything and everything game dev-related here!
I have finally found enough energy and time to start looking at game dev. software, IDEs, etc.

When I launched the free GameMaker Steam app to start on the tutorials, the Humble Bundle notification came up with this link:

https://www.humblebundle.com/gamemaker-bundle

And tomorrow is payday !!! :highfive: *happydance*

:D

WHAT WAS THE "+ UWP PACKAGE" THING FOR FLOP ROCKET?

Time to destroy Flop Rocket once and for all! BWHAHAHAHA

Universal Windows Package! It's the thing Microsoft is doing to make it so that we only have to make one executable that can then run on any(ish) Windows device.

Yeah, I knew that but WHY is there an UWP for Flop Rocket? Did you buy that Windows Export or did Microsoft come to you to say "hey we want your game on our thing?"

Also, does this mean PC version or mobile version? And since it's an UWP isn't it supposed to support controllers, mouse/keyboard and touch?

There's an Android AND UWP version! We exported to UWP because we were asked to for the bundle... the game doesn't support a controller or Windows touch; UWP just means it can in theory run on any Windows device.

Oh. I thought there were restrictions on UWP, with an all control scheme support.

I think that's just to get published onto the Windows store as a UWP application.

Oh... Makes sense.

Return to Game Dev