Controller Alpha Mac Support

Talk about anything and everything game dev-related here!
So, I was just wondering why I can't play Crashlands ControllerAlpha on Steam with my Mac when it says I have the current update of the controller support. I'm just confused because I have no problem playing with a controller on my PC. So, what's going on? Please and Thank You. :bslogo:

There is a possibility that it isn't out for mac. You might want to check under the Betas tab. To get there right click (CMD + Click) Crashlands > Properties > Betas and give the drop down menu a click. In there you should see the controller alpha and the beta build. If one/neither are there it just means that it's not yet out for Mac users.

Yeah maybe you're not in the Controller testing on your Mac, otherwise I thought I understood (from Adam on Discord) that the Controller alpha was only available on PC, but maybe I just misunderstood.

However, controller support will be on all platforms, and tested/working with PS2-like and Xbox-like controllers or something :)

Probably @bscotchseth didn't make the Mac build yet. We tend to do most testing in one build to speed up development, though at this point we should probably have both our.

Correct! We haven't put controller alpha into testing for Mac yet!

Return to Game Dev