2D Game Dev: Tools for Getting Started

Talk about anything and everything game dev-related here!
i got the same problem as potato head i have also bit of C/++ knowledge and I m only 14 years so my pocket isn t that full of money so ... is there any other programm for free at ubuntu ?
if not I ll buy game maker :?:

Yes GDevelop is Ubuntu able. However there's no real programing.

I heard Gdevelop is buggy isn t it ?

Maybe? I haven't used it recently so that might have been corrected since. There was a random bug that f***ed up a whole scene if I recall correctly.

There can be bugs for sure. The guy is working alone on this. However it works pretty correctly usually.

Thank you :D
I ll think about what software I ll use

Ok thx.
sry my english is not that good i m only 14 so ...
I only want to create 1 object (door) now I want one of These doors to Open at player lvl 2 and the other one at player Level 3 my question was how to setup this .
Last edited by maltro on 07 Jul 2015 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

Not totally sure what you're asking, but you can use the function instance_exists to see if that object already exists, or use with(object){ do so something} to cycle through all object instances, and can delete all objects that aren't the newly-instanced one using:

var current_id = id
with(your_object){ if(id != current_id){ instance_destroy() } }

If you're on GameMaker, trust Adam.
If you ever are using GDevelop, let me know (also you can ask in their own forums too in that case)

Do you guys use the GameMaker : Studio Android, or do you just use the the basic Game Maker for your phone games?

I'm looking to start a new Android project, and I think it's time I abandoned Clickteam products for good.

You'll NEED the Android thingy to port to Android. All development is otherwise the same within GM Studio. If that's what you were asking ;).

PreviousNext

Return to Game Dev