Inkscape Timelapses

Talk about anything and everything game dev-related here!
I have no idea. I'm sure @BscotchSam? will find his way to this thread in the next day or so.

Sam posted it somewhere around here. I'll take a look.

Thanks a bunch, I will give it a try!

You're welcome man!

I cleaned up the folder, since a few random things found their way in there. As Adam said, I've added another suite of 2 dozen or so hotkeys via autohotkey. When you've gotten a handle on the configuration there let me know, and I'll make an advanced mapping that shows all of those, too.

Phew now that Ludum Dare 31 is over I wanted to know more about this "Advanced Mapping" you were talking about in your post above?

I thought you would like to know that without these inkscape videos I wouldn't have made art as good as I did last weekend.

You have inspired me alot!
Here is a link to my game in case you wanted to see what you have inspired: http://goo.gl/IU363S

Thanks for all you do!
Justin Barker

@JustinLeeBarker? that game turned out awesome. Did you use bone animation for all the smoothness? And that Arrow-Draw animation is really solid. NICELY DONE.

The Advanced Mapping I've done uses a program called Autohotkey. Grab that, install it, and try making a script that handles something in Inkscape that you find yourself doing a lot of (changing opacity, for instance) and which isn't currently hotkeyable through inkscapes default xml file.

You can find my mappings over here. There are more than is visible in the PDF file now, as I've added another dozen or so, but it should give you an idea. It's good to work with the program a bit and figure out how it is you work, then pay attention to your process, find things you do routinely, and take the time to write a script. Eventually it feels like you're playing a piano and images are just shooting out, which is about the speed you want to be going.

Note that the opacitywin8 one is the most up to date. You may need to modify it based on your own resolution, which you can do by figuring out where your mouse goes by hitting ALT+X once the script is loaded, and then taking that value and plugging it in in place of the ones I've provided.

Congrats on the game!

I really liked your videos.
Found them at the beginning of the year, and they inspired me to learn inkscape since then.

It's going quite well (joined http://streak.club and have been doing an inkscape piece a day since 1. feb).

Is there any chance you will make more of those videos?

There are some Bob Ross inspired Krita videos on youtube that are kind of boring. They go too deeply into tooling and lose what makes Bob Ross so wonderful. When my dogs are jumpy and scared of thunderstorms, they find Bob Ross soothing. When I can't sleep, Bob Ross makes me calm down. He's good for the brain! The Krita videos are stressful because there are so many technical things involved, but the idea is great.

To be the Bob Ross of Inkscape, you would need to entertain people who do not particularly care about making art themselves or using Inkscape. That would be amazing.

PreviousNext

Return to Game Dev