How to give good game dev feedback

Talk about anything and everything game dev-related here!
Nope! We had a bunch of people apply for alpha testing a while back, and we grabbed just a handful of them for this first round. But STAY TUNED for more alpha and beta invites in the near future!

Does the Alpha participants will have access to the beta "by default" or will it require an application?
I was wondering, is the feedback you have now correct (regarding the "rules")?

As to the beta, access will not quite be by default. Those who are most engaged during the alpha (played lot, discussed things productively on the forums, gave useful feedback) will most likely be invited to the beta, unless our goals for that test depart dramatically from what we are currently envisioning. Those in the alpha with little participation, little useful feedback, or with comments suggesting unrealistic expectations from us (especially since this is an alpha test) will not be invited back.

We may also need to run a test between the alpha and beta, with access only for the most engaged alpha testers who made it to the bug during this test, since it looks like many aspects of progression through the bog will need to be re-worked and re-tested.

These tests both generate and require a LOT of data, and so we have to make sure that what we collect is of high quality!

Will future tests be announced on the forums?? I would love to be involved!!

@B3A5T? YEP!

True the bawg is crazy hard with the balance. Which I see u guys r on top of already. I have been trying to find the items for second trowel but it's really...hard. :/

I won't be able to give much feedback on the bawg since I haven't spend a lot of time in it. The beginning didn't seem so unbalanced to me though.

I had so much trouble with the Bawg. Mostly trying to hunt down things I needed to make new tools and workstations. A lot of what I needed was only available during the night, and if not it was so rare to find I'd get bored and either quit or wander off. My map was so full of gravestones I could barely make out the terrain. XD but it was totally a blast and I enjoyed every minute of it. Can't wait to see how things progress with the beta.

That's the problem, I haven't play enough in the bawg to see the problems :/ (appart that I understood why it is a "Nightmare" since the night creature of the bawg were awfully powerful)

Yeah, even with the 3rd or 4th tier of weapons and armor from the Bawg machines, I was still getting one-shot-ed at random by some of the creatures. I should have at least been able to run away by that stage. No big deal, just a matter of tweaking damage counts, attack damage, and HP. I'm sure they'll weigh them all up based on feedback and tweak it so it's still difficult, but not hardly as impossible.

From a dev point of view this is the reason you need testers. They knew all the creatures and creations they put into the game, so when they were running through it they knew how to get around things and probably couldn't even see the difficulty they'd created. Having us run through it blindly meant we were bound to find it. ^_^;;

PreviousNext

Return to Game Dev