Fatal Error

Anything and everything related to BscotchID.
Hi. I just recently completed a perk in quadropus (getting 10 artifacts in a single run) and it says it was going to unlock a mission in the game crashlands. after completing it and logging in to crashlands i get a fatal error when i click on my butterscotch id. this is the error that follows :
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object o_bsid_promo:

Push :: Execution Error - Varable Index [0,2] out of range
[1,1] - -7.lines(100001,2)
at gml_Script_o_bsid_promo_unpack_forum_links
###############################################
stack frame is
gml_Script_o_bsid_promo_unpack_forum_links(line 0)
gml_Object_o_bsid_promo_Create_0

Not sure what this all means or if its something i can fix on my end. Plz help when ever you can! Many Thanks for your time and your great games!!!

We're working on updates to BscotchID that should fix this sort of thing. I'm not sure if @bscotchseth has seen this error or not.

Try clearing your cache via the users/profiles menu.

This SHOULD be fixed now!

Should

It's important to be noncommittal. That way, when it breaks, I can say, "WELL THAT'S WEIRD!"

#GoodCommunicationTips

I was able to use the BscotchID menu on crashlands last night (I have through Steam), and then when I downloaded your other games and linked them and completed some missions I went to start Crashlands and use the BscotchID button I get this error everytime, and this is the only post I have found on here that details this, and I wanted to know if there was anything I can do.
of Create Event
for object o_bsid_promo:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,2] out of range [1,1] - -7.lines(100001,2)
at gml_Script_o_bsid_promo_unpack_forum_links
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_o_bsid_promo_unpack_forum_links (line 0)
gml_Object_o_bsid_promo_Create_0

If you find the local file called db4204 and delete it, the next game reboot should get it working.

That file was probably downloaded incorrectly, so the game throws a fit when it tries to open it.

If you're on Windows you can find the file in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Crashlands\

Return to BscotchID