Hardcore mode

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
@greedybuddha: The bosses are'nt the problem in hardcore, if you got some resistances. The real problem are the stupid enemys which can kill you with a single hit. Always be aware of them.

I like the wompit pet, because it gives toughness and deals fine damage - but to be serios I never really experimented with pets. Maybe @Jacktopus has some tips, too?

The tactic with the blo-pipe & wrench may be nice. You'll get the Fingarang and the Flamethrower Schematics, early too - use them also.

If it comes to Leveling, make sure you got the same armor-level as your weapon - you see the level of the gear in the workstations. Since the bosses level with you, they will level with your weapon. If you got a Level 21 weapon and only level 17 armor the bosses will kill you even faster.

ionic wrote:Since the bosses level with you, they will level with your weapon. If you got a Level 21 weapon and only level 17 armor the bosses will kill you even faster.

Wait so does this mean you could take a level 1 weapon and level 21 armor and have an easier time with bosses?

Miraglyth wrote:Wait so does this mean you could take a level 1 weapon and level 21 armor and have an easier time with bosses?

No. A boss will never level down. If you equip a higher weapon the boss will be on this level and stay on this level - so it is a bad idea to take a level one weapon :) .

For details you can check https://crashlands.gamepedia.com/Level. I think it should be understandeble there.

ionic wrote:
Miraglyth wrote:Wait so does this mean you could take a level 1 weapon and level 21 armor and have an easier time with bosses?

No. A boss will never level down. If you equip a higher weapon the boss will be on this level and stay on this level - so it is a bad idea to take a level one weapon :)

Oh I didn't mean switch down to a level 1 weapon just before starting a boss fight. I meant never upgrading your gear beyond level 1 in the first place.

Granted this would mean staying a mile away from all the enemies, but as far as I'm concerned they're one critical hit from eliminating hours of your life anyway so that hardly changes anything.

That link you've shared seems to encourage that idea too.

Edit: That article is inconsistent about whether weapons and armor contribute to your level, or just weapons. I vaguely recall it was just weapons before. Might it still be possible that if you never upgrade your weapon from level 1 but maintain high-tier armor, the bosses would be weak but the vulnerability to enemies (critical hits aside) is greatly reduced?

Edit 2: Okay, going in with level 1 gear makes the Baconweed Fairy and Baary SO MUCH EASIER. It's ridiculous how much so. Critical hits are weak! It's wonderful. Blockstock on the other hand, is a nightmare because it takes so little damage. I'm presuming it's got high Toughness. This is awkward because getting any source of non-standard damage with a level 1 weapon is probably going to take forever. The Smash Racket (from Baary) never seems to set it on fire even if that level 1 weapon is a hammer (for the combo) either.

As for upgrading armor only... you can't get very far thanks to needing regular enemy drops. The Chemworks needs Intact Wompit Hearts which require Heifers as a minimum and killing those with a level 1 weapon on Ludicrous is just horrid.

Previous

Return to Crashlands General Discussion