[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Butterscotch Shenanigans Forums • View topic - Vote for the Crashlands Icon

Vote for the Crashlands Icon

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.

Which icon would best prompt you to download Crashlands?

35%
32%
32%

Total votes : 34

Heyo. We've got our feature art complete and it is glorious. Before we unveil the whole thing, we've chopped it up into the icons for Crashlands. BUT. We want your vote on which one does the best job of making you want to download this game.

Cast your vote!

First one too crowded on the left side, last one too empty in my opinion. 2. one for the perfect in between. All of them are amazing though
Last edited by bsb333 on 10 Feb 2015 05:55, edited 1 time in total.

Personally I'm going with the last one simply because this is going to be ICON size right? At smaller image size you're going to lose a loooot of definition and it turns into a purple and green blob in the first 2. The last one you can at least make out some details and clearly see it's our hero.

Honestly though I'm not incredibly happy with any of them. The level of the background (horizon) merges with his head (I'm already looking at them in a reduced size on my phone though) so the first 2 gave me a sort of repeat effect (ie that there were copies of him repeated across the background in green hues).

Don't get me wrong, A-maz-ing artwork. I want to know who does them and where i can get my hands on all of them. Totally want a copy of the mega web site background with all the characters on it for my own PC (when it's resurrected, it died on mw completely last night. Long story).

But yes. Just from my own point of view and in my own independant opinion, 3 seems the better option.

1 is my personally favorite, but I think 3 looks more icon like.

Yep meakitty is completly right. When you reduce the size on 1and 2 you loose all the details

With y'all on this. Seth is building it with one like the last one so we can see how it actually reads on the phone. Looks solid in an appstore-mockup situation, we'll see if it reads well enough at a glance.

Thanks for the brains! I'll be dropping the full scene later today :D

(WALLPAAAAPERRRS!)

A bit too late, but:
Aesthetically I prefer the second one, in the middle. I don't know why but it looks better when Flux (it's his name right?) is watching to the right. I believe there is some psychological thing at work here.
Yet the arguments advanced in the other comments are convincing.

@ ulnaraven i think there is a golden ratio thing going on with the second one also
Last edited by bsb333 on 10 Feb 2015 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

OMG I NEVER GOT THIS!

Next

Return to Crashlands General Discussion