Vote for the Crashlands Icon

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.

Which icon would best prompt you to download Crashlands?

35%
32%
32%

Total votes : 34

Me: OMG!
Fiancé: what? O.o
Me: Flux is woman.
Fiancé : *BlinkBlink* that scares me.

XD

Perks of being single :P
Yeah I like to be positive as much as possible. You have a fiancée that should compensate ^^

Bahaha!

Flux lives in the post-sexist, post-racist, post-homophobic, post-transphobic, post-[etc etc] Butterscotch Universe. So her gender is irrelevant to the game.

Also, roughly half of your tragically-deceased Roid Rage interns and Flop Rocket pilots are (were... *brushes tears from eyes*) women (some are transgender). You can't tell, of course, BECAUSE IT'S IRRELEVANT.

And, while the star of Towelfight 2 is an Indian gentlemen, that fact is totally irrelevant to the game. You probably assumed that he is straight... BUT HOW CAN YOU BE SO SURE!?

Finally, we don't even know anything about Tack's gender or sexual identity. We aren't quadropus scientists.

Of course the Butterscotch universe has it's own share of problems (read Iain M. Banks for great far-future utopias that are still filled with conflict), exemplified by depletion of the Juice that holds the Earth together (relevant to Roid Rage and Crashlands), the appearance of malevolent, giant-headed alien-gods (relevant to Towelfight, Quadrous, and Crashlands). And of course lots of vying for power and prestige.

P.S. We're three 20-something straight white guys and so we have to work hard to be aware of the heaping privilege granted to us by default in our society. I still screw up all the time, but little by little I'm becoming a better human. We hope that we can use our games to chip away at the bizarre misanthropy so prevalent to gaming communities.

I find it really awesome in fact and even more with your explanation.
Surprise is (in my case) only due to the revelation. That may sound stupid or obvious but I still have in mind Flux with her fancy hat, hat that was in the past a man feature. I made an assumption. And I also didn't even consider the question of gender. Couldn't care less.

I find it nice that Flux is a woman. On the other hand I don't care about the gender as long as the game is awesome, but know that we know it, I find it nice (women badass characters sound even more badass to me in our 'men-are-strong-but-not-women' society. This balances a bit I guess). Mass Effect 1&2 (along with a lot of other Bioware, Bethesda and all those I don't have in mind/don't know) proved that we don't care about the gender of our character, your games proves it too.

I'd say it's normal to make mistakes, assumptions and all that. Our society is based on all this privilege system. The important part is to - as you try to do - be conscious of it and careful about it.
By the way, I don't know... I feel like I am already a bit in the post-everything. I don't understand why people would mind what the others do with their life. As long as a thing does not annoy me I don't see why I would have a problem with it.

P.S. Hardick is INDIAN?! X)

YEAH. What Adam said.

And yeah, Hardik is Indian. It's an Indian name! To come up with it, we asked my Indian wife for a few goofy-sounding Indian names. She came up with Hardik.

I had no clue. What were the other names?

I can't even remember... Hardik was such a clear winner I didn't even take notice of the others!

That could have been fun but it doesn't matter ^^
Why Flux by the way?

Why NOT Flux? Flux is an awesome name.

Indeed, that's why I'm asking in fact. I love to know the origins of things :)

PreviousNext

Return to Crashlands General Discussion