[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Butterscotch Shenanigans Forums • View topic - How will creature taming work?

How will creature taming work?

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
I've always been interested in pets in games and wondered what you had planned for creature taming and how tamed pets will work

Back in the alpha the taming was made through a minigame. From what I saw on the latest video (the link is somewhere on the forums and on the BScotch Twitter), there is no direct taming but it's an egg you have to hatch. Maybe they kept the minigame too.

Gotta hatch em all!

And I thought that the alpha version was good. This new way sounds amazing! It's so detailed and it takes work! Which is good, rather than clicking the circle and it's suddenly your pet, it's turned into growing/hatching/raising it to be a strong fighter that evolves. I can't wait for the full version of this game.

Oh damn, now I'm even more excited to get my hands on this. Loving this idea immensely. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. <3

Yeah, it's pretty nuts how much this game is evolving over time. We've never made a game that uses almost any of the mechanics in Crashlands, so all we were able to do at first was take ideas from existing games, since we didn't know anything. For the creature capturing, it was Pokemon. For building, it was Terraria. Etc...

But as we've played with them all, we've been refining, removing, and streamlining all kinds of stuff, and those changes often cascade into other aspects of the game. So for those of you guys who played the alpha, the beta will be very familiar, but there will be a crapton of small things that will add up to a pretty different experience. INCLUDING THIS ONE!

That's the feeling I had. The same concept. EVEN BETTER IN EVERY WAY.
I'm really curious to see all these small changes! :)

Return to Crashlands General Discussion