Quick update on progress?

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
I think i can talk for quite a few people when i say i'm pretty hyped up for the release of Crashlands! I'm aware that yous said yous expected to have it released around the march/spring time, but honestly i'm not too bothered on the release date as long as yous are happy with what yous are sending out when you do (which i can certainly imagine yous will be when the time comes). Anyways getting to the main point i was wondering if we could have a quick update on where abouts in the development process yous are? Any replies appreciated! (and no doubt someone will answer the question before seth adam or sam get the chance cause that's what always seems to happens in these forums :lol: )
Last edited by potatohead on 04 Apr 2015 01:20, edited 1 time in total.

Sure!

We were planning on the end of March release, but with Sam's re-diagnosis and the featuring of Flop Rocket, we've got about 2 months of derailment going on. So now we're aiming for an end-of-May release, though we'll know more toward the end of this month. In particular, things are going to get dicey when Sam has to spend 3 weeks straight in the hospital. It's kind of a gray area and we aren't sure what to expect in terms of how much we can get done during that time, so we'll know more as time passes.

In terms of development, the core of the game's progression systems (combat, crafting, gathering, balance) are pretty much where they needs to be, and this week we are just tightening some things up and making things easier to interact with.

The final piece of the puzzle is the game's story, which will take some time to create. We want to really go big with this, and not just shoehorn it in like we usually do! So that's what we'll be mostly working on for the next couple months -- giving you a reason to live!

We'll work up a blog post next week with an update on how things are coming along.

Family first! All the best when it comes to Sam, and cheers for the update! Its much appreciated. But yeah i definetley agree on the fact that a good story would definetley be the icing on the cake! I was thinking, maybe when it gets nearer the time you could have a scenario vote for the story in the forums, as in "do you want this, this, or that to happen" type thing? just a thought anyways. As always guys just keep up the cool work that yous already do, can't imagine what it'd be like for Sam but its amazing how yous still manage to push on with games. Hopefully its things like this community that yous have created which keeps yous going!

Damn right it is! It's really inspiring for us to see people coming in here regularly to check up on stuff, ask questions, and cheer us on. It keeps us going!

This is the soft method to keep you making games.
Don't worry we have plans if the nice version stops working one day or another. You don't want this to happen :P

Can't wait for this to release! Still shooting for end of may?

It's not likely, since we're losing 3 weeks in May to Sam being trapped in the hospital for his transplant. BUT... We're getting pretty close to actually having a REAL, ACTUAL RELEASE DATE. Everything up to this point has been guesswork, because we've never made anything of this scale before.

STAY TUNED!

WE'VE BEEN TUNED FOR SIX MONTHS. HOW MUCH MORE TUNED TO YOU THINK WE CAN GET? I'm more tuned than a classic car right before a classic car show. Which is considerably more tuned then a guitar... though neither of them stay tuned either. Hmm.... this might require more research.

That sounds like the ideal level of tuning. STAY THERE!

Return to Crashlands General Discussion