[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Butterscotch Shenanigans Forums • View topic - The Crashlands Creator

The Crashlands Creator

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
I made a developer preview video to show what the Creator is going to be able to do. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-craU5R7efs

(I'm adding this link to the initial post as well.)

Questions and remarks about your tool:

The item drop and weighting might be confusing. Hope your description box describes so people won't go "I don't understant loot stuff!". Yet it is a well thought system.

By the way do you intend on keeping things in alphabetical order?
I believe you have a "strength/level order" already planned but just asking.
Also, what about the quality of the drop? Will we be able to choose the quality level or not?

What if we weight every attack at zero for bossfights? The boss just don't fight?

Questions about the video:

STONE GOLEM?
And why the camera move at 17 minutes? What does it focus on? I CAN'T SEE!

Other stuff:

THANKS FOR THE PREVIEW!

First additional campaign we need:
Crashlands hardcore: everything disabled and you directly fight Q. Or you fight him after having fought 10000 ennemies and all the bosses that you can imagine.

I also suggest a functionality to add: mods and Bscotch bros collaborate to do a hard campaign (or anything punitive) and if people are jerks, we force them into playing the whole thing before they can get the access back to their BscothID with full functionality (like you block the main campaign, the perks and all).
Just kidding. However, that could fun. For anyone but jerks.

The Creator will be in permanent alpha once released, is considered to be an advanced tool, and we will not provide support for it. It has to work well and be pretty intuitive, since we need to use it, and I'll make sure it's reasonably intuitive for players to use. Stuff will probably stay in alphabetical order for now, though we may try some other approaches (including the one you suggested), and the user will just have to know what it is they're looking for. I'll set things up so that it will be easy for advanced users to access thumbnails and data about all of the items, so that players can work on a wiki or something to contain all of the item stats.

And that camera thing... my webcam has an auto-pan/zoom feature that sometimes gets confused. It just decided to look at something else when my hand came up on screen!

Well, thanks for the answers!

I think the better order would have to be the way which you have to set it up. So A -> B -> C = functioning character/item/stage/etc.

And I agree there needs to be a "quick" tutorial, or a full video walk through like this from start to end to teach people to use it. Just so that people can get the basics worked out. I'm sure most of it will just be trial and error, but just in case we need to reference something a small walk-through would be necessary.

I am sooooooooo excited for this though. You cannot believe how much. Can you be done already? It's winter in Australia, that comes after summer. It's after summer here. Can I has crashlands now please and thank you. XD

I think they'll let the walkthrough/tutorial up to the community :)

Sorry, to clarify, we won't just say "HERE IT IS GOOD LUCK!" I'll make a lot of documentation and link to it from the Creator pages. Including video tutorials, since those are more useful than a lot of WORDS.

By "we won't support it" I mean that if people can't figure out how to use it, or if they try to do stuff outside the scope of the documentation/tutorials, they'll have to rely on experimentation and other users. A tool like this can very easily turn into a support nightmare for us even if it works perfectly!

Hey I don't know if this has already been asked... But I so far i haven't seen anyone post about asking this and I was just wondering if you guys were thinking of adding any DLC to the game after it has been released? New Biomes, Creatures, Gear, Etc! Thanks

PreviousNext

Return to Crashlands General Discussion