The Crashlands Creator

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
@BlackWall we don't have any hard plans for it at present, but it's something we're open to. Crashlands has been a huuuuuumongous investment of time and resources, so we need to see how successful it is before we can make the call on adding additional content to it, or if we need to power through another game to keep the bills paid.

Time will tell!

New blogpost up, with some details and a video about QUESTING in Crashlands (very developer-focused). Feel free to discuss below.

http://www.butterscotch-shenanigans.com ... lands.html

The blog post completes nicely the video!
I'm really curious to see what I might get out of the Creator!

Just wondering which platforms is the crashlands creator on? Is it only on PC? Will we have to buy the steam version or will it be a seperate free application?
Soz for the many questions I'm just really excited for crashlands. Been checking every day at least 5 times for its release :)

As has been stated before, the Creator will be ONLINE... meaning PC and Mobile accessible (because I'm pretty sure I know Adam well enough that he'll make it look pretty cross-platform too, though obviously "more accessible" on PC for obvious reasons). You will require your BScotchID to log in, but seeing as you already have one that won't be a problem.

As Mea said, the creator is a web application (only tested in Chrome, though), so you can use it anywhere you can run Chrome. HOWEVER, you should probably only use it on a Desktop machine, because it requires the use of lots of hotkeys.

There's also a Campaign Browser (also a web-based application) which is the system that allows you to download other people's campaigns, rate them, and comment on them.

Aside from needing a BscotchID, the creator and the browser will only be accessible to people with a verified purchase of the game (meaning you have a legit serial number for your copy of the game). Hopefully that answers your questions!

Thanks Mea, Seth. Hey another question, will the creater allow us to customise bosses to access all the attacks? Like can I create a Q with a wompit smash, and glidapus dash, and a tar monster belch? Or is it limited?

It isn't limited! FREEDOM!
More info here

IIRC that video didnt adress whether the bossfights were able too use all the other bosses atttacks. Im actually pretty sure it is limoted to just the ones that specific bossfight uses. I could be wrong though.

I remember Adam mentioning that you could choose which attack you wanted to use for each stage of the boss, and adding weight to them.
Maybe it was only boss attacks but that would be weird.

PreviousNext

Return to Crashlands General Discussion