[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Butterscotch Shenanigans Forums • View topic - The Crashlands Creator

The Crashlands Creator

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
Somehow forgot to mention it here:

I finished the developer preview for the Campaign Creator, and dove into how it'll be used to make Quests/Stories. It's so easy to use that Sam drafted a functional story for most of the Savannah in just two days!

http://www.butterscotch-shenanigans.com/2015/07/telling-stories-in-crashlands.html

I am so way into this. I've been pondering making quest-like mods for Don't Starve, but that would require a lot more legwork than what your handy-dandy creator tool looks like it will ask. Maybe I'll just redirect the impulse to Crashlands. Even though that'll highlight how much less funny I am than BScotch themselves. Oh well. One suffers.

Any chance of making graphical assets from previous games available to Crashlands modders? On one hand, I imagine the level of detail might be a mismatch for the new stuff, but on the other. . . I kind of feel like modders & players would be fine with that. People are usually pretty chill and welcoming about unofficial stuff, at least with any of the games where I pay attention to modding communities. And this is a pretty chill and welcoming community itself.

@otaara Yeah, our goal is to have something that is as easy to use as possible while still giving a ton of flexibility. One that that we've decided is TOO MANY options is for players adding their own image assets and the like.

At launch, the Creator will only contain things that are in the game. However, there are some notable things:

1. Quadropi are now a major race in Crashlands.
2. Grubby will return as his own self in Crashlands, but he'll be avialable in the Character Editor to make as many (recolored and/or resized) Grubby Clones as you want.
3. Juice Jockeys are now a major race in Crashlands.
4. Like Grubby, there is a character version of the boss Q who could, in principle, also be turned into a race via the editor.
5. We will be following precise biome and game logic when we build the story, but you don't have to at all. So you can put anything anywhere.
6. We will have a whole slew of game mutators that change behaviors of the world (of Crashlands) itself.

We are trying to tie all of our games together into the same universe, so we're already porting game assets from the other games into Crashlands. The one caveat is that we DO want them to match the style, so we'll almost definitely retouch any asset we do that with.

While to us this feels like PLENTY, we know that people are going to keep adding requests for additional stuff. We'll wait until Crashlands has been out for a while, and see what people do with the Creator, before we consider taking the time to add new assets (remember that every moment we do something like that is a moment not building the next game!).

If E.T. taught me anything, glowing hearts should definitely be visible from the outside.

Also that aliens sound like this.
https://youtu.be/8fqSKbluEEA?t=1m32s

Previous

Return to Crashlands General Discussion