Access to a Beta or Alpha for recording and feedback.

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
I've been super interested in BScotch games for quite some time. I've been playing them for over a year I believe. I've been following up on Crashlands and with my new recording equipment and pc would like to use Crashlands as a kick starter to my gaming review and feedback videos. Please let me know when a test or even a slight chance at a private test is available. Would love it. My social media contact is @StDxKrypto THX

I'd say you have to wait for official Beta.

Thanks for the interest! Etrusan's got it right.

We'll be collecting Beta applications dang soon (and, as always, we won't put an actual date on it until we are certain), but that group will not be intended for reviews. You can apply to be a tester during that time, but we will likely have some conditions about what you can share publicly. Testing and reviewing need to be separate since test and final versions can differ quite a bit. Testing wouldn't preclude you from writing a review after the test is over, and we wouldn't want to stop you even if we could!

Anyway, when it's time all the details will be put up somewhere that is easy to find.

Stop asking when it comes out. It's done when it's done. Not a bit sooner.
Last edited by Etrusan on 02 Dec 2015 19:21, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: 'Twas a little on the harsh side. Lightly de-harshed. De-harshed even more (Etrusan)

Just simply making sure my question is out there. Many people might skip right over it. Just wanting to make sure it was noted. And thanks Adam.

And I thank you for using the Edit button. E.

No worries. Some of us are more sensitive the problem than others. The main question we get asked these days are the following:

1. When is Crashlands coming out?
2. Can I play an alpha/beta version RIGHT NOW?
3. When can I play a beta version?

The answers are:

1. We don't know. We have no deadline, because our goal is to make an awesome game. It will be launched when it is at 100% awesome :).
2. Nope. No special treatment. If the game was ready for beta it would already be in beta!
3. You'll know when we know. We have an internal estimate for when we'll start recruiting, but won't make that official until the date is certain.

Of course, those aren't very interesting answers and they can found scattered around here, our Podcast, the blog, and on Twitter, so the assumption when someone re-asks is that they came in without looking for the answer first. But I know that answers aren't always easy to find.

Just know that Etrusan's response wasn't directed at YOU SPECIFICALLY but more general. The active community here wants to have active members to hang out and discuss stuff with, and so when someone takes up time/space with posts that imply no interest in being active, it bums them out.

SO THEN know that you are totally welcome here, and that the community members here are awesome and well worth chatting with!

It wasn't meat at only you. If you think it was, I'm sorry. Btw Adam copy and put the answers somewhere, where everyone can read them easily.

Return to Crashlands General Discussion