[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Butterscotch Shenanigans Forums • View topic - New Trailer, Website, and GREENLIGHT!

New Trailer, Website, and GREENLIGHT!

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.

The overall experience is better in Crashlands in my opinion.
Minecraft has to be played online to have some kind of interest. Except if you just never played with Lego stuff or you never get enough of it. I got bored pretty fast playing alone, even with some mods (however that was a long time ago).

And I completely agree with MeaKity: the Alpha was already great and more fun than Minecraft for me too!

Oh, and @Kerchak don't worry, on the (soon) 400 people here, there are like 10 really active people plus 10 or 20 other guys who come from time to time ;)

Mods have their advantages and disadvantages. They can change the game play for better AND for worse. And there are a ton out there, but 90% of them are incomplete or incompatible.

Online also has problems, a lot of gamers aren't as friendly as you'd think. Playing with friends is fun, when it can happen. Right now I'm hardly awake/online when my friends are, and even then the chances of us all being able to hop online at once to play is minimal.

Modding is definitely the strength of Minecraft. I've played a TON of Kerbal Space Program, and modding is what makes that game really amazing also.

But yeah, it sucks when a patch comes out and suddenly your 25 mods are incompatible and all you're left with is the base game, which turns out isn't very fun by itself.

Yep never really was a fan of vanilla mincraft and terria is good but crashlans will take the crown. But at the end all 3 games may be crafting games but they are still very different...

Honestly though, we're not even really looking to compete with those two games. We think there are enough differences that Crashlands just stands apart from them as its own thing.

And that's one of the (many) reasons we're excited by it. There's so many underlying elements there that each type of gamer can find something to love. Minecraftians will love the crafting/exploring system. The possibilities of the Quest Creator mean that not only do we get input on creating backstory to this world in our own little way, but those people that like adventure games will generally find a quest to run through to kill some time and just chill.

Hell, if you prefer destruction just go kill wompits for a couple of hours and take out your rage. Or just run through the beautiful landscape as much as you want. Don't like what you're seeing/doing, wipe your game and start again and everything will be randomly generated into something new and fresh to play.

It's not going to be limited to just ONE thing, there's going to be so much to see and do, with ever changing and advancing ideas. that's what I"m excited about; not only to play the base game run through, but to see what can be done/achieved with it.

Thanks for the great PR as always, @MeaKitty! ;)

This HAS to end up as a quote for the game, on the website or else, like "The opinion of a tester" or something.

Also, the fact that Crashlands is not similar to Minecraft or Terraria is one of the reason it makes it awesome.
You've got, like, all the kind of game mechanics I like and you got rid of those I didn't like and all that are usually found with survival/crafting related games.
That and the Bscotch feel!

OMG! Crashlands looks epic! I love how is so unique, hope i can join the closed beta <3 love your work bscotch, keep the good work!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Crashlands General Discussion