New Trailer, Website, and GREENLIGHT!

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
I applied for the beta, but I don't feel like I have the best shot at it. I have played the tar out of a your games. I feel like the time I put into floprocket was relatively intense. But I made it to the end... After many deaths. That feels like I am worthy of a beta. I do know I'm up against many other people who have been on here way longer than me. I still hope to make it.

The trailer was absolutely fantastic. After hearing a teaser for it on your podcast I peed a little when I saw it was up. Worth the wait. Can't wait to check this out, early or not.

Thanks for such sweet games. You guys put lots of time and heart in these games.

Ahaha, you're welcome, @bscotchAdam. Hell, once the Beta gets released and if I get to play it, I'll happily write you a proper review for using as PR. That's just my Alpha opinion, it'll only get better second time around. =P

im also playing like crazy every game in order to get into beta >,<

Beta doesn't rely on who's been playing the longest, or hardest, or best. It's part what system you play on (obviously they want to test it on everything), and part luck. It IS randomly chosen, because they need a random cross-section of players from different walks of life. Each of them will have a different perspective, opinion and contribution.

The only thing you can really do is put in your application and keep doing what you do. Game for fun, for entertainment, to cure boredom... dont' "play all the BS games because I want the Beta invite".

Guys the trailer was just too good. Been following your story and the story of this game on toucharcade. Just so excited for this. Longtime gamer here and this just looks so unique. Can't wait

Buju

Welcome to the forum, @buju. Always great to have another fan. Please feel free to introduce yourself in the Newbies forum. ^_^

Welcome here @buju !

Also, do the alpha players "automatically" get the beta access?
You mentioned something a (looooooong) while ago about alpha players being asked different things than the other players, or something like that. I might have misunderstood it though.

I don't think so. I think they actually will ask for a mixture of Alpha Testers and "Newbies" simply because things are so different from the Alpha already, when it comes time to Beta test it's going to be a completely different game anyway. Those who were in the Alpha have a different set of experiences and will be going into it with knowledge from their playthroughs, where as someone who hasn't will be going in completely blind and will come out with a different opinion altogether. Their selection will more than likely be completely random, but keeping in mind that they will need at least a couple of Alpha testers in there. Not sure yet what their selection size will be though. I think they'll decide at the time.

That makes sense.

Some quick answers:

I'm not sure how we'll score people for the beta yet, but it's highly likely that you'll run into diminishing returns after playing our games for a few hours. So feel free to do other things with your life :).

The beta test will likely consist of at least two independent tests, and we'll end up selecting a different set of testers for each according to whatever additional criterion makes sense. It's likely that (active) alpha testers will be welcome to join one of the several tests without having to apply, though we'll need to be reminded. You should apply anyway!

PreviousNext

Return to Crashlands General Discussion