Crashlands announcement email -- spam?

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
HEYO! We apparently STILL have a problem with our emails going to spam.

If you would be so kind: please leave a comment in this thread (or PM me) whether you got the email or not, which email client you use (gmail, yahoo, etc), and if you notice anything weird about the email that might be the cause.

(Unless you unsubscribed from our emails, or have been in BscotchID for less than a day, you should have gotten it).

Gmail, even tho I have label Bscotch (so every email from you is labeled a send to the proper folder) it ended in spam. Of course I tapped "Report that this isn't spam". Not sure if it does anything tho.

(Deleted)
Last edited by scotchste on 26 Jan 2016 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

Same as scotcheste

I use Gmail. It went to my spam folder.

From crunching stats, it looks like a Gmail issue. Most registered BscotchIDs are in Gmail, and they are about a third as likely to open that email as hotmail and yahoo users. So that probably means they are three times as likely to end up in spam.

I have a suspicion that this was due to me changing the FROM field from "Thinga Mabob" to "The Butterscotch Brothers" while using the same email address. Apparently that's something that looks suspicious to some email clients.

I'll send out a test email to ~500 gmail users to see if that's what happened. Thanks for the info!

A bit late but I did receive it on both my Outlook/Hotmail mails (because I've got two accounts). Both in the normal inbox but one "blocked" by outlook with a message like "for your security, some stuff on this mail has been blocked" and two options "I don't know where the hell it comes from, lemme check" and "I know this, SHOW ME". Of course with different texts but you've got the picture.
I think it happened only in one of my two addresses. I might have authorized it before on the other one.

Don't know if you've got info on yahoo yet, but that's what I use and it didn't go into spam.

Do you know which content was blocked? The images, perhaps?

"Why is this message in Spam? It's similar to messages that were detected by our spam filters."

Yeah, I got it too and it went straight to my spam folder. It doesn't say why beyond that...

Although I noticed there's a Crashland Video included? That might be it. I don't know what Google's policy of videos in emails is, but maybe?

Next

Return to Crashlands General Discussion