[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Butterscotch Shenanigans Forums • View topic - Will there be a "cross buy" system?

Will there be a "cross buy" system?

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
I'm very excited for the mobile release of crashlands, and the announcement of a steam version has me excited too. I saw that in the most recent trailer that there would be a cloud save/ cloud transfer feature. This made me wonder: would we have to buy both steam and mobile versions? Or if we buy one, we get the other free?

You have to buy on both platforms.

Hey @bscotchAdam you should put this question to FAQ.

Yeah, you have to buy it on both platforms.

This is because doing otherwise would violate the terms of use for the various distributors. For example, if you buy a game on Steam, and then want to get it on Google Play, Google doesn't care that you already bought it through Steam! Google needs their cut, too.

If we did anything otherwise, we'd potentially lose our right to distribute on these platforms.

How much is this game going to be when it is released/given out for beta testing?

If it's anything like the other games, ButterUps are only a couple of dollars each. Though you can buy multiple and save money and send them to friends. Though I'm saving up my Steam monies because I'm willing to throw what I can at them for Crashlands. =D

Devs are humans (plot twist) so they have to eat. You have to pay for food. The game is like $3, what's the problem?

Again, because of the fact that each device uses a unique store, there's not really any way to get around cross-buying. Butterups are actually cross-platform compatible, so that once you buy it - it applies to the game as long as you're logged in on your profile.

And yeah, as @Etrusan said, they're only a couple of bucks. The boys are really generous with their pricing, and they've explained beforehand that they barely make anything from their games between free players and priacy. So I personally have no problem buying it for a couple of bucks on each platform. Once the store cut is taken out and they pay their taxes, they have to eat and pay rent and stuff too.

I'm replying to this topic as a business owner from my own experiences and of my own feelings. That said.

It kind of bothers me when a customer comes into my shop and one of the first things out of their mouth is "can I have a discount". The business I started and built up with my own two hands was not done so with corporate dollars. We have a pretty darn good reputation and it happened by being fair to customers, treating them as i would hope to be treated, and charging them just enough for me to cover my expenses and a little extra to live on. We are definitely at the lower end of the spectrum of labor rates for shops in our area while doing work exceeding most of the higher pay shops (we do reprogramming for other shops).

I understand that there is a large portion of the public that is indoctrinated into the corporate world and don't understand the plight of the small business owner. But starting off a relationship, whether professional or personal, is not cool with "I'd like you to get less out of our meeting than you would everyone else".

I have have no problem giving things away. I give labor stuff to customers all the time. These are customers that have built a relationship with me. I work on the cars of some people for so long that I've helped them get their kid's first car, helped them maintain it through school, and now that kid brings their spouse's car in to us also. But if the first time I meet you the first thing you say is "I want a discount" that just makes me think you really don't want a lasting relationship with me or my business.

I can't believe this game would be sold for less than $10. I would gladly pay $15-$20 per platform to play this game. I've watched all the videos. This isn't going to be a once play Monument Valley (which is a fantastic game, but I wouldn't pay $20 for it because it has no replay-ability).

Adam, Sam, and Seth aren't making Crashlands as a game they can bilk money from the masses. I assume, from their podcasts, that they are making a game that everyone will love. They are gamers and they like other gamers. Just about every one of their podcasts they spend one third of the time talking about other peoples games!

People complain regularly about the lack of quality games on Android, that they are tired of the pay to play system or whatever you want to call it. A game like Crashlands could change the direction that the bigger studios go when it's shown to be successful. We need higher quality games with content but they won't come if people bitch about the price of a game like Bard's Tale compared to the price of Cookie Clicker.

I probably forgot points in my rant but I need to get to work.

Peace and no worries.

Next

Return to Crashlands General Discussion