Crashlands PreOrders Available Now!

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
Steam keys for PC and Mac versions are now available through Crashlands.net, courtesy of the Humble store widget. Hit the big green button and Preorder now!

Q: HOW MUCH IS IT?
Crashlands is $15 on Steam, and will be $5 on mobile.

Q: WHY THOSE PRICES?
Crashlands is enormous and a high quality piece of gaming. We wanted to make it possible for people to have it on 2 devices without breaking the bank, and a total price of $20 hits that point wonderfully.

Q: How do PREORDERS work?
Once you make your purchase you'll get a note from Humble that includes a link to where your key will be once the game goes live. On launch day a key will magically appear and boom, OFF TO THE RACES.

Q: Why Humble?
Our goal is to become a truly independent studio, meaning we can successfully launch games on multiple platforms without worrying about feature spots and advertising. Humble's widget gives us a 95% cut of the revenue from the sale, rather than the classic 70% given iTunes, and Gplay.

That means buying through the site supports us more than anywhere else, which is AWESOME.

Thank you all for your support thus far and as we move toward launch. THIS IS SO EXCITING AHHHHOOHOHOOOOO!
Last edited by bscotchsam on 02 Jul 2015 00:17, edited 1 time in total.

Preordered!

Is this available only on PC/Mac format or will there be preorder for Mobile?

HEY THANKS! We don't have plans for a mobile pre-order. The mobile platforms don't have the same kind of deal that the Humble Store has with Steam (though they might be close to one on Google Play). So we MAY do it, but that depends a lot on what the options are and how easy they'll be to work with.

The main reason for using Humble is that they give us an amazing split when people buy through the widget (we'll also be in their store at launch, which has the normal 70/30 split).

PREORDERED!
With a bonus because why not.

Your games are likely to be the only ones I'll ever preorder by the way!

HEY THANKS!

We don't really even believe in pre-ordering, but people had asked for it and it's a lot more useful for everyone than sticking your email in a list and waiting.

Weird. People ASKING for it. "That's gotta be some kind of record."
Or they thought that would make an early access thingy?
Also, if you have access to the number of preorders, I suggest a hype-o-meter. Like 1 point for people signed up, 2 points for every preorder. Based on an objective that pleases you (50k might be a good beginning).
Then the Hype-o-meter becomes an Awesometer upon release.

Useless, so necessary.

We actually talked about a leveling system for hype that would sort of work like that. The problem is that while the numbers are low it will look bad and actually work against us!

The concept of "social proof" is an important one, since people will be more likely to trust/like/do something if a lot of others also do. That's why we have the email counter on the page, because it is a big enough number already that people will see it as positive proof.

We don't expect to get a lot of pre-orders, but if we do then I'll slap something like that together.

There isn't any difference between the steam and mobile version is there? I'm only thinking of having mobile but I don't want to miss out. Alpha was fun on mobile and I'm not really into computer gaming especially if I have the same thing already on mobile.

Nope, no difference. Just in how big your screen is, and that you'll use your FINGERS.

There are a couple graphical things that the PC version can do that the mobile version can't do. Namely, the water in the game will look cooler on PC, and the low-health full-screen effect will also look better. BUT OTHERWISE, the same.

Next

Return to Crashlands General Discussion