Crashlands Merchant system

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
Hey BS, I've heard you guys mention a merchant system in Crashlands. I was curios on how that will be displayed.

My theory is that we might see Gruby the vendor that was in many other BS games like Quadropus Rampage and Towelfight 2

The merchant is the only time we get to actually marvel at the infinite inventory right? Im assuming prices are set according to item rarity?

@Nea I don't think it will display your inventory, but rather show your currency and the purchasable items

I thought the merchant bought your items that you didnt need (that would otherwise be sitting unused in your inventory)

The merchant allows you to purchase useful items with gold

But you get gold from selling your items right? Or is it from quests?

But, you might also be able to sell you unneeded materials and gear for gold, which you could purchase more valuable items with.

Edit: I'm pretty sure you get gold from both :|
Last edited by Ulnarevern on 18 Jul 2015 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the "Edit" button! :)

WOOOO! There won't be a merchant system in Crashlands. Sorry! We just used the concept of a merchant system as inspiration to figure out how to build the crafting system and make it scalable.

Any exchanges that take place will be more in the form of a barter system, where you'll talk to an NPC who has a specific thing you want (like a recipe), and you'll need to do something for that NPC or bring it something in exchange.

The various alien races in the world don't have very advanced economies. :D

Hmmm come to think of it that makes sense. Otherwise a merchant would just become another kind of "crafting table" to get stuff from. And not as interesting either.

Yep!

Return to Crashlands General Discussion